Why become a member? ×

Helloooo

KiYap

Just saying hi to all.

Urrm a little about myself, been playing bass for about 2 years now, self taught, moved over from guitar after being the only one in my band with a good enough sense of rhythm for it :lol:
Currently playing in a covers band and gigging around the Buckinghamshire/Berkshire area, its nice to be paid.... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately its taking its tole on my wrists! I really don't want my tendons to explode before i'm 30 [b]so are there any exercises or training methods for building up good hand/wrist strength?[/b] (I don't wear my bass by my ankles so its not a height issue). I was considering buying one of those speedball gyro things, and some hand grips but will this make a difference?

Also, I'm in the market for a short scale bass (hehe) unfortunately I can't find any shops that have a decent selection of short scale basses, I'm in the south-east area near London but would be willing to travel up to the midlands. [b]Anyone know any good shops for short scale basses?[/b]

My current rig is:
Ibanez SRX300 (my mates hehe :) )
Trace Elliot AH250 SMX
Trace Elliot AH150 MkV GP11
Trace Elliot 1x15

I'm looking for a good 2x10 to match up to this rig, it doesn't seem that trace made many 2x10's back in the day. [b]Does anyone know of a good matching 2x10 for this old TE 1x15?[/b]

Thanks in advance for any info you may share

Wish you all well!

Hello, and welcome.

You may get an answer here, but you might try posting in the appropriate sub forums where they will probably get more exposure.

I will be looking around for a couple of short scale basses, in the near future, but I am in the same boat with regards to local shops not having much, if any, choice......all I have seen is a Squier Bronco.

So.....I will probably end up buying blind on line - looking at things like the Fender Mustang and Gibson SG (unlikely I could afford an EB in good nick).

Good luck with your search.

[quote name='alanbass1' post='807979' date='Apr 16 2010, 08:05 AM']Hi and welcome. Where are you playing?[/quote]

Do you mean what venues am I playing in? If so then mainly around berkshire, mainly maidenhead in a public capacity. But we're looking to expand as much as possible, know any good places?

As far as new stuff goes you're looking at Squier Bronco, Fender Mustang, Epiphone EB-0 and Gibson SG.

Old stuff includes the Mustang, Gibson EB-0 and Fender Musicmaster.

I also have a MkV AH150 - phenomenal amps. Why do you want a 2x10"? the general consus is to match speaker sizes. I have a multistack 1152 which is a 15" cab that came out at the same time as the Mk V Trace stuff which may be useful to you. It can be used as a monitor as it is wedge shaped. its the cab in my avatar.

I'm in 2 minds whether or not to keep it.

If you're young, like Trace and your mind hasn't been poisoned by the lure of light weight, low bottom end bass rigs then I also have a 4x12" cab for sale

Edited by Delberthot