Why become a member? ×

M-pulse 600

s1ater

Hi all,

Ive just sold my current rig, so im looking for a new one.

I was looking at a lmiii and I was set on it.

Now I may be able to get my hands on an m-pulse 600 for rather cheap, I've never played through one and need to make a decision rather quickly.
Is it worth jumping in and getting the mesa or do you think I should just buy the lmii?

Any help would be great.

[quote name='s1ater' post='806669' date='Apr 14 2010, 10:57 PM']Hi all,

Ive just sold my current rig, so im looking for a new one.

I was looking at a lmiii and I was set on it.

Now I may be able to get my hands on an m-pulse 600 for rather cheap, I've never played through one and need to make a decision rather quickly.
Is it worth jumping in and getting the mesa or do you think I should just buy the lmii?

Any help would be great.[/quote]

You might as well go for it, i love my m-pulse, don't think i could ever bring myself to give it up, i got mine a year ago and it does everything i want it to do.

Of course, if you don't like it, you could always sell it off for more than you bought it for. its a win/win situation really, worth a try.

[url="http://www.harmonycentral.com/products/93227"]http://www.harmonycentral.com/products/93227[/url] there are reviews on here, maybe these will help you with your decision :) good luck!

Got to agree there, a very good amp. If it's the one I think it is, note that the footswitch doesn't come with it which means it's a lot less user friendly (I have both the M-Pulse heads, Walkabout and 600, and I only really bought the latter for the footswitch - OK, the extra power really helps and provides a decent level of headroom for louder gigs no afforded by the Walkabout, but when I use the Walkabout now I really miss the option of switching between main/solo, and switching the para EQ on and off).

I find Mesa very warm generally, I've never really managed to get the kind of grunty valve tone from them you can get from a few other amps, but that doesn't really worry me. Having said that, the M-Pulse is several, and I mean several, leagues above the LMII (which I've also owned), it does everything the LMII does (yes, including hi-fi tone), and a whole lot more.

I'd push that button quickly though as it won't be there long....

Chris

Like Beedster says... Very warm heads, biiig fat bottom end.

I think the one we're talking about is VERY cheap. Bear in mind it's an early revision with two inputs rather than a single input and a selector - also, it probably doesn't have speakons.

Probably not a dealbreaker at that price, though!

Footswitch.. I had mine for a couple of years and never used the footswitch. Very handy if your setup requires it, though.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='806797' date='Apr 15 2010, 08:20 AM']Like Beedster says... Very warm heads, biiig fat bottom end.

I think the one we're talking about is VERY cheap. Bear in mind it's an early revision with two inputs rather than a single input and a selector - also, it probably doesn't have speakons.

Probably not a dealbreaker at that price, though!

Footswitch.. I had mine for a couple of years and never used the footswitch. Very handy if your setup requires it, though.[/quote]

tbh I'm not too bothered about the speakons, My vba400 didnthave them so I've got a couple of jack to speakon leads about.

Is there any other difference between the early models and the new ones?

[quote name='s1ater' post='806832' date='Apr 15 2010, 08:11 AM']tbh I'm not too bothered about the speakons, My vba400 didnthave them so I've got a couple of jack to speakon leads about.

Is there any other difference between the early models and the new ones?[/quote]
Not that I'm aware of.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='806844' date='Apr 15 2010, 09:21 AM']I would say definitely, if you like the tone.

But you'll not know that until you try it![/quote]

Worst comes to worst I reckon I'll be able too shift it if I dont.

Thanks for the advice

[quote name='s1ater' post='806852' date='Apr 15 2010, 09:25 AM']well he's got 284 feedback 100% positive, I'd do it through paypal, that way if its knackered I can get my money back[/quote]

Well get on with it 'cos about 5,000 BCers know about it now :)