Why become a member? ×

what have i been given?

daz

I have been given 2 pair of old PA speakers. One is H&H the other is nameless but has Fanes in them, I have no idea how many wats they are or know anything about them. Does anyone recognise or know anyuthing about them. Apart from the fact that theyre ready for the dump ? Is it worth taking the speakers out of them.

Here are the 2 types. The H&H have the unmarked speakers in them, the bottom one is the Fane.

HH was actually quite a well-respected brand name in the audio world back in the 70s, I think the brand has recently been revived by Laney too.

I'm not much help with the tech specs or anything but the HH could certainly be a decent cabinet. My keyboard player swears by his old HH amp for onstage monitoring - despite it being over 30 years old and battered to death, it still works a charm.

HH/Fane all names that we older guys grew up with and in their day they were what we used and were quite happy to do so but tbh I'd not want to rely on one for gigging with my current band BUT if they work fine wtf just use them... ensuring you have a back-up! :)

Sorry but again I can't help you with specs but they won't be high ratings; speakers could be 50-100w but that's a guesstimate.

Edited by warwickhunt

The top unmarked speaker with the olive-metallic basket looks like a celestion G12H. Might not be enormously valuable but a great, great guitar speaker. If the inked 4 digit code is FF26 then it was made on the 26th June 1973. T2089 is a G12H see:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Celestion-g12h-speaker-cone-plus-HH-acoustics-cone-_W0QQitemZ170452151767QQcmdZ

The second unmarked speaker is another fane (same basket) but I can't tell you whether it's the same in all respects.