Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pickup for Custom Veillette

philw

All,

I'm on the point of commissioning a somewhat unusual custom Veillette bass and the instrument needs a rather unusual pickup – a 5 string P type split pickup in white (rather than the usual black). Anybody know who makes such a beast?

Phil

[quote name='philw' post='805119' date='Apr 13 2010, 05:54 PM']All,

I'm on the point of commissioning a somewhat unusual custom Veillette bass and the instrument needs a rather unusual pickup – a 5 string P type split pickup in white (rather than the usual black). Anybody know who makes such a beast?

Phil[/quote]

I'd imagine any of the bespoke makers, such as Nordstrand, Wizard, Delano etc.could so that for you Phil, but I suspect it won't be cheap as it's a one off!

Sounds fascinating, tell us more!

Gareth

Gareth,

The plan is to do a fretless five string Alpha Bass like this:

[attachment=47614:Veillett...pha_Bass.jpg]

But give it my favourite P-bass vibe with a white P-bass pickup, white scratch plate, Lake Placid Blue body and maple fingerboard.

The rational, apart from it being a nice bass for me to mess about on, is simply that it seems to me that two of the most common themes that get discussed in forums such as this are P basses and "acoustic vibe" basses. So why not combine the two?

Phil

PS. Thanks for the EMG/Shuker heads-up Velvet.

[quote name='philw' post='809852' date='Apr 17 2010, 09:06 PM']give it my favourite P-bass vibe with a white P-bass pickup, white scratch plate, Lake Placid Blue body and maple fingerboard.[/quote]

Sounds funky Phil, especially the maple fretless board. What colour hardware, chrome I assume if going for a white pickup?