Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB414/614 neck width?

neepheid

Hi there

While idly pottering around the wibbly wobbly web this lunchtime I found myself researching the Yamaha BB414/614 basses. They look quite nice, and are inexpensive enough to have a speculative punt, plus you'll probably get your money back if you then sell it on.

One question I can't seem to get a definitive answer on is the neck width. I thought I'd ask the experts (that's you). Would someone who owns a 414/614 be so kind as to measure the neck at the nut and the string spacing at the bridge and let me know what they find, along with their general impressions of playing the neck?

No immediate plans to strike, but if I do have a bit of slack in the funds in the next few months I might have a go at one of these, if the neck is right. People seem to say nice things about them.

Cheers

Matt

feels like my VMJ neck, fast and easy to play,

I love my 414 passive, the 614 active is good but I like the simplicity of the 414...both are slap monsters, 414 a little more deep, rich in sound...ohh and the orange finish is to die for but only comes on the 414 passive.

Edited by iconic

[quote name='BB2000' post='805206' date='Apr 13 2010, 07:09 PM']Bruce Millers had some on display the last time I was in (mind you that was several years ago...).[/quote]

Well, they're probably still there, knowing them :)

[quote name='neepheid' post='805767' date='Apr 14 2010, 09:50 AM']Well, they're probably still there, knowing them :)[/quote]

I was playing the exact one a few days ago, i really like the neck, very quick and to me slim! I really like wide necks and fairly deep necks,

Millars are stupidly priced =/ espically the ampeg stuff if you want it through them,

On another sour price note, anyone seen the price of the Ashdown ABM300 in R&B?