Why become a member? ×

Trace Serial Number Help Requested

Hello! I know there are lots of folks here who know their stuff, so I was wondering if anybody could provide me with any information about my TE 7215 combo.

Serial Number: 70468.306.200

Model Number: 7215-7

Does the 200 mean it was made in 2000? Any other interesting bits of information anybody can provide about my amp's place in TE history? I don't know very much about this stuff.

Ah, one other question, I'm in the process of selling it (issue of space and money :)), is 300 quid a reasonable asking price? Apart from a few scuffs it's in excellent condition and has never needed any repairs. I bought it secondhand myself about four or five years ago but I know the original seller very well and it had never needed any maintenance.

Cheers folks!

[quote name='Dirty Little Bobby 99' post='802190' date='Apr 10 2010, 10:17 PM']Hello! I know there are lots of folks here who know their stuff, so I was wondering if anybody could provide me with any information about my TE 7215 combo.

Serial Number: 70468.306.200

Model Number: 7215-7

Does the 200 mean it was made in 2000? Any other interesting bits of information anybody can provide about my amp's place in TE history? I don't know very much about this stuff.

Ah, one other question, I'm in the process of selling it (issue of space and money :)), is 300 quid a reasonable asking price? Apart from a few scuffs it's in excellent condition and has never needed any repairs. I bought it secondhand myself about four or five years ago but I know the original seller very well and it had never needed any maintenance.

Cheers folks![/quote]

Send them a email [url="http://www.trace-elliot.co.uk/contacts.php?flag=GB&lan=UK"]Trace Elliot[/url] I found they were really helpful.
Cheers,
John

[quote name='Dirty Little Bobby 99' post='802190' date='Apr 10 2010, 10:17 PM']Serial Number: 70468.306.200[/quote]

Ok, 70468 is the type number.
306 is its number of the run ie 306th one.
200 is date, the 1st digit = the quarter of the year, and the last two digits are the year.
So you have 2nd quarter of 2000.

301= 3rd quarter 2001
402= 4th quarter 2002 and so on.