Why become a member? ×

Speaker cable question

absolutpepper

Hey

I've recently just picked up an Ashdown Little Giant 1000 and i've noticed that the speaker connections at the rear are Speakon type. Im really hoping to use it with an Ampeg 8x10 at rehearsal tonight and was wondering if I would need to have a Speakon - Speakon or Speakon - Jack cable? Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Chris

If the Ampeg has speakon inputs you will need a speakon-speakon lead. If not, a speakon-jack will be what you are after. I just purchased a jack-speakon lead to connect my Ampeg to a BareFaced Compact....

OBBM makes great ones, but if you need one for this very evening then whatever you can get at a music shop will have to suffice!

[quote name='absolutpepper' post='799537' date='Apr 8 2010, 09:59 AM']Hey

I've recently just picked up an Ashdown Little Giant 1000 and i've noticed that the speaker connections at the rear are Speakon type. Im really hoping to use it with an Ampeg 8x10 at rehearsal tonight and was wondering if I would need to have a Speakon - Speakon or Speakon - Jack cable? Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Chris[/quote]

Ever thought of googling ampeg 8x10?
If you did you would see it has both.
Simples
Bloody youth of today,I don't know.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='799986' date='Apr 8 2010, 04:52 PM']Does the LG not have a jack socket in the middle of the Speakon?

Might widen your options

EDIT: Just checked and they are combination sockets so you can use speakon-speakon, speakon-jack or jack-jack.
Spoilt for choice![/quote]
Good idea to go with Speakon - Speakon as the connector is designed to handle lots of power, much more so than a 1/4" jack plug, and is inherently much safer due to its touchproof design. Use a short length of 4mm cable and you'll be away! Canford Audio sell all the bits, or give OBBM a shout if you want a ready-made one.

HTH, Ian