Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD - Fender Squier Strat -

Now surplus to requirements, I bought this in May last year. To save me taking any extra pics I've included those sent to me by the guy I bought it from. He said it was based on an early 90's Korean (Cort factory) model s/n CN 432959. This one is the original neck and body, in similarly good overall condition (the neck is not new but there was almost no fret wear and that has been polished out. The Gilmour mods include plain black scratch plate, stubby whammy bar, 'Gilmour switch' that activates both neck and bridge pups, higher output pots, rewire and extra shielding as per picture.

[attachment=46551:strat1.JPG] [attachment=46552:strat2.JPG] [attachment=46553:strat3.JPG] [attachment=46554:strat4.JPG] [attachment=46555:strat5.JPG] [attachment=46556:strat6.JPG]

The pictures say it all, really. Sexy beast, isn't it! There was a slight issue with one of the higher frets catching, I had them dressed and now it plays beautifully and sounds, well, like a strat.

I have a soft Fender gig bag, the not very padded ones, that it lives in. I took it to one rehearsal, played it at home for a while and then it went back in the bag.

[s]Could be yours for £200 including the bag and postage, £185 collected from SE Essex.[/s]

Am I mad? now £185 inc. bag and postage or £170 collected.

Some more pics from today:

[attachment=47336:STRAT1.jpg][attachment=47337:STRAT2.jpg][attachment=47338:STRAT3.jpg][attachment=4
7339:STRAT4.jpg][attachment=47340:STRAT5.jpg]

Edited by Paul S

[quote name='Paul S' post='796853' date='Apr 5 2010, 07:16 PM']Now surplus to requirements, I bought this in May last year. To save me taking any extra pics I've included those sent to me by the guy I bought it from. He said it was based on an early 90's Korean (Cort factory) model s/n CN 432959. This one is the original neck and body, in similarly good overall condition (the neck is not new but there was almost no fret wear and that has been polished out. The Gilmour mods include plain black scratch plate, stubby whammy bar, 'Gilmour switch' that activates both neck and bridge pups, higher output pots, rewire and extra shielding as per picture.

[attachment=46551:strat1.JPG][attachment=46552:strat2.JPG][attachment=46553:strat3.JPG] [attachment=46554:strat4.JPG][attachment=46555:strat5.JPG][attachment=46556:strat6.JPG]

The pictures say it all, really. Sexy beast, isn't it! There was a slight issue with one of the higher frets catching, I had them dressed and now it plays beautifully and sounds, well, like a strat.

I have a soft Fender gig bag, the not very padded ones, that it lives in. I took it to one rehearsal, played it at home for a while and then it went back in the bag.

Could be yours for £200 including the bag and postage, £185 collected from SE Essex.[/quote]

Definetly cort, its a 1994 model the N being for nineties and the first number the year

[quote name='ianrunci' post='797459' date='Apr 6 2010, 12:52 PM']Definetly cort, its a 1994 model the N being for nineties and the first number the year[/quote]

Thanks for that. Nice to have it confirmed. How do Cort guitars rate compared to other factories? I've noodled around on a couple of Squier strats and this is the best one, but I imagine there are a lot of frogs out there.

[quote name='Paul S' post='797680' date='Apr 6 2010, 03:52 PM']Thanks for that. Nice to have it confirmed. How do Cort guitars rate compared to other factories? I've noodled around on a couple of Squier strats and this is the best one, but I imagine there are a lot of frogs out there.[/quote]

I've owned a couple of corts and a currently have a 1989 samick silver series & to be honest their isn't really much diffference. The Samick has a ply body but apart from it being heavier and a bit denser it doesn't really affect the sound much at all

compared to present day squires they are great (apart from the classic vibes which I am extremely impressed with) they are much better built and have better hardware to the present standard squires though

[quote name='Paul S' post='799458' date='Apr 8 2010, 07:51 AM']Again, thanks for that. Maybe I should keep it?....

And a very Happy Gilmour to you to Mr Schnozz.[/quote]

You will struggle to find anything of the same quality for that price, a neck of the same quality will cost you a oner at least

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...