Why become a member? ×

Hire a cab

davidmpires

Hi guys

I just got the confirmation that my band are doing a big gig outdoors on Sat 29th May, and I have been having thoughts about my current set up not being enough. I played there two years ago with my Acme B2 @ 4ohms and it was just about enough.

We have a PA but our guitar player is afraid that I'll blow his speakers up with the low end so I never get a line to the PA. For most of our pub gigs is enough and when we play Roadhouse they have this monstrous pa and a very competent sound guy so no worries there.

Anyway to the point, I'd like to know if any of you would make one of their 8ohms cabs available for hire to plug through my mark bass along side my compact.

I'll favour 2x10 due to ease of transport. But i'm open to other options

The gig is in Chigwell, I'm based in sevenoaks Kent and I often drive to Putney or Deptford London.

Thanks in advance

David

I haven't got anything that would be suitable, but I think this is a very good idea. Although I think people should always be wary of lending their gear to someone they don't know, so maybe it would be an idea to draw up a little hire contract to say the person will pay for any resulting damage to the gear while in their care?

Just an idea!

[quote name='davidmpires' post='793099' date='Apr 1 2010, 11:15 AM']Hi guys

I just got the confirmation that my band are doing a big gig outdoors on Sat 29th May... <snip> ...the gig is in Chigwell

Thanks in advance

David[/quote]
Mate, just gotta ask - you're not playing 'Fun in the Forest' are you?

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='793233' date='Apr 1 2010, 01:00 PM']I haven't got anything that would be suitable, but I think this is a very good idea. Although I think people should always be wary of lending their gear to someone they don't know, so maybe it would be an idea to draw up a little hire contract to say the person will pay for any resulting damage to the gear while in their care?

Just an idea![/quote]

Agreed, happy to pay for insurance if it's possible to insure gear for a day too.

[quote name='davidmpires' post='793248' date='Apr 1 2010, 01:10 PM']Yeah I am, how did you guessed, we were there two years ago and now they have invited us back.[/quote]
Ah, because we played it last year - we couldn't do it this year :-)

A proper riot. Our sound guy ended up acting as bouncer to ensure we didn't end up with miscellaneous drunken hockey players on the lights/pedalboards :)

[quote name='benthos' post='793257' date='Apr 1 2010, 01:13 PM']Ah, because we played it last year - we couldn't do it this year :-)

A proper riot. Our sound guy ended up acting as bouncer to ensure we didn't end up with miscellaneous drunken hockey players on the lights/pedalboards :rolleyes:[/quote]

It was a great laugh two years ago.

Those two guys were in front of the stage when we start "I predict a riot" one looks at his mate and punches him, the other one laughs and punches him back. Classic.

I'm in it for the HogRoast :)

i just realise that by saying that I'm raising the price of the hire cab for fear of damaged gear. For what is worth my gear was fine and we had a great time, granted there were lots of people drunk but we were fine.

Edited by davidmpires

[quote name='davidmpires' post='793258' date='Apr 1 2010, 01:15 PM']It was a great laugh two years ago.

Those two guys were in front of the stage when we start "I predict a riot" one looks at his mate and punches him, the other one laughs and punches him back. Classic.

I'm in it for the HogRoast :)

i just realise that by saying that I'm raising the price of the hire cab for fear of damaged gear. For what is worth my gear was fine and we had a great time, granted there were lots of people drunk but we were fine.[/quote]
Best of luck for this year, and sorry I can't help with the cab.

And yes, for the sake of others reading this - all of our gear was fine, too. A drunk but happy crowd and no hassle at all.

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='793233' date='Apr 1 2010, 01:00 PM']I haven't got anything that would be suitable, but I think this is a very good idea. Although I think people should always be wary of lending their gear to someone they don't know, so maybe it would be an idea to draw up a little hire contract to say the person will pay for any resulting damage to the gear while in their care?

Just an idea![/quote]

This is a good idea but can also get complicated. If person A is hiring something to person B, both will be responsible. So while the owner is covered if the equipment gets stolen or broken the owner should also be liable if the gear breaks down.
This is what ive been told a few times. Im sure its a non issue but you do have to be careful.

For what its worth my 1210R 4ohms cab wont be used that day. It can easily take the full output frorm my MB heads. Only problem is its in North London.