Why become a member? ×

Feedback using Garageband

Marvin

The only thing I record is a bass part over a drum loop, just so I can actually hear myself playing.

I use a Zoom B2.1u as an interface. Create a Real Instrument track, Input source set at Stereo 1/2 (built-in input), Monitor: On with Feedback Protection.

When recording there is a constant buzzing noise (which comes out during playback as well) and I get constant pop-up messages stating that Feedback has been detected and advices I turn feedback detection on - it would appear to have turned itself off :) .

I've also got Cubebase LE but haven't used it yet, I assume that doesn't have built in drum loops.

Any ideas please?

Edited by Marvin

I enjoy the simplicity of Garageband.
I am no expert but I presume the Zoom is being plugged into the computer via the audio line in.
If so, this may be the problem.
I use a USB (Line 6) and/or Firewire interface and turn the feedback protection off, when recording an instrument.
I don't get any buzz noise.

I to plug the Zoom in via a USB, which is why I can't work out what's going on. Unless of course the GarageBand itself has some sort of issue.

I was thinking about monitoring through my practice amp to see if that stops it.

Or maybe there is an inaudible, to me, hum emanating from the active circuitry of my bass.

Edited by Marvin

• 7 months later...