Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz MIA 2006 S1

simon1964

I got this is in a trade with King Tut just before Christmas. Pics on Colin's original sale thread here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70069&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70069&hl=[/url]

As you can see - classic sunburst/tort/maple. I've also got a black pickguard which I'll include in the sale (a genuine US Fender replacement part).

Its in very good condition with just the one small ding as per Colin's photos (its so small that I had forgotten about it until I revisited his thread for the pics!)

This is the US Standard Jazz with S1 switch - which is actaully a nice addition to the usual Jazz sounds. The neck on this is fantastic, plus classic Jazz sounds and looks.

I will include a battered, but usable, Fender hard case.

I'm asking £550 plus postage.

I'm really looking for a sale to raise cash for another project, put if you have any tempting trades, its always worth asking!

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='spaz91' post='783285' date='Mar 23 2010, 12:18 PM']Oh god, do want!

Would you be interested in a Schecter Stiletto Studio 6 plus cash?[/quote]

6 Stings are not really my thing I'm afraid - 5 is my max! Thanks for the offer though.

Is this a US Standard series instrument, or a Series One then? Maybe that's the same thing..? But King Tut described it as the latter.

I have a 2009 US Standard Jazz, and it doesn't have the S1 switch as far as I know (where would I find it anyway? - can't see it in King Tut's photos - is the S1 switch a push/pull on one of the knobs perhaps?)

Just wanted to be clear as I'm interested in your Jazz because of the Maple fingerboard....

If you're already awash with jazzes I guess you wouldon't be interested in a trade then? Pic of mine:

[attachment=45461:Fender_U...2009_035.jpg]

[quote name='King Tut' post='784014' date='Mar 23 2010, 09:23 PM']It's an S1 - which at the time was a US standard. It used to be mine and it's a corker - no issues and very light. I only let it go because I fancied Simon's Thumb and I've already got a few Jazzes. Free bump mate![/quote]

OK, that's a bit clearer - thanks. Now what about that S1 switch..?

[quote name='alhbass' post='784061' date='Mar 23 2010, 10:04 PM']OK, that's a bit clearer - thanks. Now what about that S1 switch..?[/quote]

As Colin says, its an American Series with the S1 switch, which is now discontinued. The S1 switch sits in the front volume pot. With the switch up you have standard Jazz pickup configuration - just like any other standard Jazz. Depressing the switch means the pickups run in series (as I understand it!) so that you get a thicker more rounded sound. The Fender blurb suggests it gives a sound similar to a Precision - to be honest, it is somewhere between a J and P sound, but is very usable.

Hope that helps. I'm not really interested in a trade for another Jazz I'm afraid - with the possible exception of one of the Japanese 70s reissues.

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='King Tut' post='784014' date='Mar 23 2010, 09:23 PM']It's an S1 - which at the time was a US standard. It used to be mine and it's a corker - no issues and very light. I only let it go because I fancied Simon's Thumb and I've already got a few Jazzes. Free bump mate![/quote]

Cheers! Its is indeed very light - easily the lightest Jazz I've played.