Why become a member? ×

new-to-me P

steve

I've been going thro a bit of a bassical rennaissance over the past few months, just the need to simplify things really - starting with the decision to stick with 4's and thinning out my effects to a minimum.

Then I bought my squier VMJ, and I haven't really played any of my active basses since. My only (minor) issue with the Jazz is the vol/vol/tone setup, so I switched to blend/vol/tone, and tinkered with the wiring a bit until I got a reasonably stable vol level across the middle 90% of the blend range (with a lesser dip at 50/50), but I still wasn't completely happy. It wasn't simple enough.

Anyway to cut a (potentially mind-numbingly) long story short, I have ended up trading my much-loved Bongo with mikeh for this......

[attachment=3368:p_bass01.JPG]

[size=1]editing cos I clicked the wrong sodding button[/size]

and so far it's lovely, the neck is fantastic, and it's got a really nice vibe. I have always been anti fender in the past. I don't really know why, probably an anti-establishment thing, but I feel like my eyes have been opened. Band rehearsal is on Sunday and I'm itching to try it out.

Hopefully I've found something I can stick with long term.

Of course, I'll have to change my avatar again now :)

Edited by steve

This bass made an appearance in my 'precision advice' thread - it wasn't for sale at the time so sorted something else out (just waiting for a delivery, will be early next week all being well) - it too is a black, maple combo but currently has a mirror scratchplate on it - this may well change, I'll see how it looks when it turns up...

Edited by jwbassman

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='85616' date='Nov 8 2007, 06:52 PM']WE all get older and come back to Ps in the end...........nice one.

I Love my 75 but still like a Jazz neck so hankering for a 70s p with a Jazz neck, i know there are some about somewhere[/quote]

I was originally going to build a frankenP with a jazz neck and dark star, but I like the neck on this at least as much as on my squier vmj so I'm happy.

2x18 has a nice looking P/J in the for sale section which I was considering before the P came along

[quote name='mr pablo' post='85563' date='Nov 8 2007, 05:08 PM']That looks almost as good as my Pbass Steve :) black/black/maple is my second fav combo[/quote]

b/b/m is my favourite by a long way. It gives the impression you don't intend to f*** about!

[quote name='jwbassman' post='85598' date='Nov 8 2007, 06:15 PM']This bass made an appearance in my 'precision advice' thread - it wasn't for sale at the time so sorted something else out (just waiting for a delivery, will be early next week all being well) - it too is a black, maple combo but currently has a mirror scratchplate on it - this may well change, I'll see how it looks when it turns up...[/quote]

where you getting yours from? Ironically, mine was in ormskirk which is a fair bit closer to you than me.