Why become a member? ×

warwick streamer

tom1946

Anyone have any idea what these are worth? A friend is wanting to sell one that he's had for quite a few years.
All I know is that it's a German one with a glued neck and apparently he's thinking in the 4 figure range?

Cheers.

[quote name='tom1946' post='777400' date='Mar 17 2010, 01:57 PM']Anyone have any idea what these are worth? A friend is wanting to sell one that he's had for quite a few years.
All I know is that it's a German one with a [size=4][b]glued neck [/b][/size]and apparently he's thinking in the 4 figure range?

Cheers.[/quote]

eh?! :wacko:

[quote name='tom1946' post='777400' date='Mar 17 2010, 01:57 PM']Anyone have any idea what these are worth? A friend is wanting to sell one that he's had for quite a few years.
All I know is that it's a German one with a glued neck and apparently he's thinking in the 4 figure range?

Cheers.[/quote]

It really depends on what model it is. The through neck models are worth more than the bolt on models, but I don't think any of the current range has a glued neck (in fact, I'm not aware of any old models with a glued neck either).

To be honest, I think he'd be very lucky to get four figures for any second hand Streamer in the current market. If its a bolt on, I'm afraid 4 figures is way above estimate.

Edited by simon1964

Glued in neck?

Im assuming that means neck through, there are some set neck Warwick's but not that many (and im fairly certain no streamers).

As for value we would need more info, model name, year etc.

There are some amazing special editions from over the years which are valued quite highly and at the same time some short lived models which aren't

Edited by throwoff

[quote name='josh3184' post='777497' date='Mar 17 2010, 03:05 PM']could be a set neck eg the infinities or dolphins (if I recall correctly, one of the two used to be set neck)[/quote]

Both models had set-neck varients. Never seen a set-neck Streamer though. Sounds likely to be a SSI or II maybe.

Get a photo and post it on here - we'll be able to identify it straight away.

Warwicks have perhaps the worst depreciation of any big name make at the moment. Good for the buyer, but not so good for those who've purchased them new. Current retail prices are astoundingly expensive - the Streamer Stage 2 5-string for example will cost you £4000 - well into Fodera territory... but to be fair neck thru Warwicks were always expensive.
Over the years (and not in desparation) I have let go of Streamer Stage 1 and 2 models in mint condition for sub £1000.
Assuming it is a 4-string I would guess (only based on my experience of course) the following for mint s/h with all the extras:

Streamer Standard £200-£300
Streamer Pro-M £300-£350
Streamer LX £500-600
Streamer $$ £600-£650
Streamer Stage 1 £700-£800
Streamer Stage 2 £900-£1000

I'd add a bit if it has a wenge neck and from the 90's as these generally seem to be a bit more desirable.
When you compare the retail prices it's shocking. I guess you have to buy a Warwick to keep or trade for another Warwick!