Why become a member? ×

Lefy 5 String CIJ Jazz GAS

throwoff

Long story short, I have a friend who lives in Japan and is coming back to UK for a fortnight in a few months.
He knows of a guitar store that can get any left handed CIJ Fenders and has offered to bring one into UK for me providing I pay any relevant fee's etc.

That 5 is what I am GASing for at the moment, I have never even seen one in UK before..

Big risk but I figure I can sell it on almost instantly if we dont get on.

Input needed before my bank manager has another reason to work late. Edited by throwoff

I'd suggest getting a 75 Jazz, they are highly sought after and are made to a fantastic standard.

Plus, they never ever come up for sale (should tell you something about them!) so if you didn't like it, i'm sure someone would have your hand off for it :brow:

I've got a '62 P and i'm never selling it. The Capri Orange '62 is extremely rare and i was going to plump for it when i bought mine, but chickened out and got VWH instead.

From what i've read of the Jag, the pre-amp is meant to be a bit sh*tty so you might decide to change it out for something else - or you might like it!

Never played a 5 so i can't comment on those!

Fender Japan recently released a range of '75 Jazzes in lefty and a limited range of colours with matching head-stocks, pick-up covers and tug-bar, like this

[quote name='rasher80' post='777038' date='Mar 17 2010, 10:30 AM']I've got a '62 P and i'm never selling it. The Capri Orange '62 is extremely rare and i was going to plump for it when i bought mine, but chickened out and got VWH instead.[/quote]

Should of taken the risk!

I only ever seen the colour in photos it looks amazing!

[quote name='rasher80' post='777007' date='Mar 17 2010, 10:09 AM']I'd suggest getting a 75 Jazz, they are highly sought after and are made to a fantastic standard.

Plus, they never ever come up for sale (should tell you something about them!) so if you didn't like it, i'm sure someone would have your hand off for it :brow:[/quote]

I agree! They're great basses. Could do with better pots and a better bridge, but other than that, they're fantastic.
I wrote a review about mine a little while ago: [url="http://www.leftybassist.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1439"]http://www.leftybassist.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1439[/url]

That Jazz Bass pictured above by rasher80 is the JB75-US/FC, aside from the specs already mentioned it also has an alder body instead of ash, making it slightly lighter and it sounds somewhat warmer. That version is only offered with a rosewood fingerboard though. Personally I would go for the Ocean Turquoise Metallic :)

Edited by LeftyJ

LOL

By the way, you may be interested to hear there's a lefty JB75-US (black, maple board, white pickguard) for trade on www.zikinf.com as we speak. The seller doesn't want to ship internationally though, and is nog interested in selling it (trade only). I'm not sure what he's after, he's hard to reach and difficult to talk to. I asked him if he was willing to ship internationally, and he responded he prefers not to because of the high shipping costs and duties. When I emailed him there's no import duties within the European Community and I was well willing to pay the full shipping costs, he didn't reply anymore so I gave up. Maybe you have more luck!
Pickups were changed to Fender Vintage Noiseless (not my taste), it has a D-tuner on the E-string (original tuner included) and comes with the original gigbag.

[url="http://www.zikinf.com/annonces/dispannonce.php?annonce=525165"]http://www.zikinf.com/annonces/dispannonce...?annonce=525165[/url]

(sorry for the hijack)