Why become a member? ×

Completed : P bass neck.

Raving_camel

Hey everyone, I'm giving away my biggest mistake. I was fitting a P bass neck onto a body when it wasn't budging so I gave it a slight tap to try and push it in and I noticed the screw was turning with ease...because it had snapped AND had taken a chunk out the neck.

Ouch. As you can see, it took a lot of wood with it and somehow the screw is still stuck inside :) . I hid this under my bed for about 2 years and never wanted to see it again. But now I'm needing space and this isn't doing me any good.

Everything else is fine and I have to say, it has a rather lovely grain for a budget bass.

If you are still interested, it can either be collected from the southside of Glasgow or you can wait a few weeks until I find a cardboard box but you'll have to pay for shipping (which i'm guessing will be between £10-15).

Thanks for reading and take care! :rolleyes:
[size=5][u][b]
Completed[/b][/u][/size]

Edited by Raving_camel

That wouldn't bee too hard to fix - you just need to get the broken screw out - carefully drill around it using a small bit, and then fill the hole - a small hardwood plug & a bit of epoxy would do that.

If you were trying to fit this neck to a different body, that might be why the screw broke in the first place - you should always plug & re-drill the neck holes when doing a transplant!

Jon