Why become a member? ×

HELP MY CURSED SET UP!! WHAT CABS CAN MATCH SUNN 1200s!??

man_at_arms84

[quote name='DrGonzo' post='87670' date='Nov 13 2007, 12:09 AM']Heh, Alex you always was a moron...

Brill, now I can abuse you on tinterweb too![/quote]
thanks Bez!

I fixed that big muff last night. The one I borrowed off phil then broke the first time I used it......these hands of mine......

matamp/orange cabs, anyone know where?

[quote name='steve-soar' post='87588' date='Nov 12 2007, 09:32 PM']Hi Thomas, your avatar makes me feel sick. Is that supposed to be a representation of you smoking weed? Speaking from massive experience, I personally feel that no one needs to alter their state to appriciate life in all its beauty and horror.
Drugs are bad, n'o kay.[/quote]

It would be about as bad a representation of me as is possible since I look nothing like Bob Marley. Speaking from massive experience however, I can say DRUGS ARE FUN. DRUGS ARE GOOD. Don't believe the naysayers kids, they are just the quitters,
or if not the quitters the one thing worse than that: Larger boys.

Man at arms84 it's gonna be very difficult to get one of those 8x10 cabs, matamp still make custom if you ask them nicely tho so they would build you an 8x10 if you wanted, i think. An Orange 8x10's may be hard to find so thats why I said and gave some more realistic options at the end of the post. Check ebay and you might see a few of those 8x10's a year, or check two tribes guitars web site, good luck if you do try to find one of those cabs.
Oh, and you don't play in a Doom band do you?

[quote name='thomas' post='87944' date='Nov 13 2007, 04:40 PM']Man at arms84 it's gonna be very difficult to get one of those 8x10 cabs, matamp still make custom if you ask them nicely tho so they would build you an 8x10 if you wanted, i think. An Orange 8x10's may be hard to find so thats why I said and gave some more realistic options at the end of the post. Check ebay and you might see a few of those 8x10's a year, or check two tribes guitars web site, good luck if you do try to find one of those cabs.
Oh, and you don't play in a Doom band do you?[/quote]
Well the band I play in has been called doom by some press peeps. But I wouldnt say we are a doom band! hah. Thats just lazy journalist speak. I guess we have "doomish" parts, but we vary quite a bit. I like to just say loud experimental rock with a pyscedelic tinge. All of us who play in the band listen to all kinds of music, and we take influence from a lot of different "genres". To me ony two types of music. Music thats good and music that aint. OR more realisticly music I like and music I dont. ha.

I figured an Orange would be hard to find. I've only ever seen one orange 8X10 and that was on US ebay.

• 4 years later...

The Ampeg SVT cabinet seems to enjoy the low "E". I figure it's the cushion of air in a sealed cabinet. For a cabinet I can carry up stairs, I am trying 3 Avatar 2x10 cabinets. Stacked, it is taller than a SVT. Next, I want to try 3 Ashdown ABM cabinets. They look good.

[quote name='grenadilla' timestamp='1325986131' post='1490821']
The Ampeg SVT cabinet seems to enjoy the low "E". I figure it's the cushion of air in a sealed cabinet. For a cabinet I can carry up stairs, I am trying 3 Avatar 2x10 cabinets. Stacked, it is taller than a SVT. Next, I want to try 3 Ashdown ABM cabinets. They look good.
[/quote]
you know the thread is quite old aye?