Why become a member? ×

Sorry - another '1 space on my pedal board' thread!!!

GazWills

OK, firstly, apologies for another 'i have one space left on my board' thread!

Thing is though, i have one space left on my board!! :) I was sure i wanted a 2-stage phaser, but after borrowing a phase 45, it's not for me. I don't want a modulation pedal of any kind (so chorus and flangers out too), don't need a compressor and am happy with the dirt options I have.

Basically, if anyone can suggest something that would fit in the MXR-sized space on my board, I'd be grateful, as i'm running out of ideas!!!

cheers ears

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='769154' date='Mar 9 2010, 01:03 PM']You can add more than 1 pedal... :)

[url="http://www.sfxsound.co.uk/mainpage.asp?page=micro_eq"]Micro-EQ[/url]
[url="http://www.sfxsound.co.uk/mainpage.asp?page=micro_fuzz"]Micro-Fuzz[/url]
...[/quote]

funnily enough i was looking at your micro fuzz the other day - the sound clips sound really nice - just sounds too similar to my crossdrive to justify! (and have an EQ/preamp on the board already).

nice looking pedals though...

[quote name='nick' post='769484' date='Mar 9 2010, 05:45 PM']How about an octaver of some sort, or maybe an envelope/low pass filter?[/quote]

TBH i'm trying to sell my octave pedal (MXR) and recently sold a maxon AF-9 (filter)!!! just didn't ever seem to use them...

thanks for the ideas all, but i think i've pretty much talked myself out of just about everything this afternoon - I kind of wish my pedalboard was a bit smaller now!!! :)

maybe i could just put a can of beer there? :rolleyes:

Edited by GazWills

if you don't want a pedal, get one of these then... :)

[url="http://www.wholesalecentral.com/saveabuckenterprises/store.cfm?event=itemdetail&itemid=631520&returnto="]http://www.wholesalecentral.com/saveabucke...0&returnto=[/url]

it's for when your guitarist wants to let rip..

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='cm261' post='769510' date='Mar 9 2010, 06:06 PM']Beer is a great idea.

Tremolo? Mastotron?[/quote]

beer aside i was thinking about a trem, but not sure if i'll really use it!
the mastotron does look ace - and is tempting... already have 2 other fuzz pedals not even on the board though!

Hmm, am running low on suggestions at the moment.

Blender?

Here's something very unhelpful though - if you mounted the fuel tank on the bottom of the board you could get another pedal on the board as well, maybe even 3 more in total! Although, on second glance I cannot actually tell if there is any/enough space under the board to do this...

[quote name='deej' post='770307' date='Mar 10 2010, 12:52 PM']Who cares if you dont use it, as long as it look good. :lol:[/quote]

absolutely - that's the whole point of a pedal board! :)

i've actually re-jigged it, and squeezed everything together to (just about) give me enough space for a bass rc20xl loop thing - always fancied a looper (and not enough space for a headrush!!)

quest over. :rolleyes:

[quote name='joegarcia' post='770407' date='Mar 10 2010, 02:10 PM']Try not to keep the looper in your chain the whole time unless you're using it loads in a set as they mess with your tone big time. Maybe get a bypass loop for it if possible.[/quote]

hey joe - yeah, was fearing that might be the case. i'm sure there's just about room for a little looper on my board as well....
unless.... what's the headrush like for tone-killing?!?

[quote name='GazWills' post='770427' date='Mar 10 2010, 02:17 PM']hey joe - yeah, was fearing that might be the case. i'm sure there's just about room for a little looper on my board as well....
unless.... what's the headrush like for tone-killing?!?[/quote]

Haven't noticed a big issue with the Headrush, it's more the Boss and Digitech ones I reckon which have non bypassable instrument preamps which are crappy. Still haven't gotten hold of my mate who's borrowing my Headrush, will give you/Si a shout if she doesn't want it.

Reckon you should give the Black Cat a go too, you may have lots of drive but the octave sound is pretty different and really cool. You're welcome to borrow it for a practice or something as it's just sat here not being used.