Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ampeg Parts - SOLD

Hi

This is just a feeler to see if anyone is interested in:

> 4 removable castors that fit the larger Bass Amp series combos or the B200 Rocket combo, [b]SOLD[/b][color="#FF0000"][/color]

> An unused matching vintage navy blue amp cover for the B200R combo made by Silverstone Amp covers. [b][color="#FF0000"]SOLD[/color][/b]

To cut a long story short I ordered a B200R last year from a retail outlet whose name I won't mention to preserve their reputation. When the amp arrived it was sweet and I promptly ordered the castors and cover. Within a few weeks it developed two faults: 1) the chassis became loose and 2) the amp starting distorting.

I sent it back and waited two & a half months (yes that's right, that long) for it to be sent back from Loud Technologies. When it came back it was worse than when it went. It hadn't been packaged properly, and had large scracthes down the back of the combo from a tear in the box. Plus it looked like someone had been throwing it around as there were loose parts in the amp and unsuprisingly the sound sucked. I called the 'retail outlet' and promptly asked for my money back, and thankfully they agreed without any hassle. Sorry for my rant, I feel mildly better for sharing my dismay about Loud Technologies.

Any questions just ask

Nick

Edited by nickcarey

Hi Nick - are the castors the same as the silver Ernie Ball type used on Fender combos?
They have a plate with an insert for the removeable part, which just pushes in/pulls out.
If they are I'd be interested - any chance of a pic please?
Cheers.
Pete.

Here is some more info on the casters as requested:

The basic measurements are:
4cm length
1 cm width

The shafts are cone shaped so are a midges below 1 cm at the top and and a fraction more right at the bottom.
However where they clip into place they are exactly 1 cm. I guess it's part of the design to making fitting them and removing them easier.

I've included the receipt as I was shocked how much they cost when I ordered them from Ampeg's spares distrubutor. As they are unused and cost me a whoping £38.77 (see pic) I can save you over a tenner & post them to you free for £28.

Cheers
Nick

[quote name='Bassmonkey' post='771574' date='Mar 11 2010, 01:29 PM']Hi Nick, how much for the cover buddy?
A[/quote]

Hi there,

Again this one's unused too due to the fiasco mentioned in the first post above. I paid £47.56 for it (have a look at the Silverstone amp covers site).

It looks a bit creased as it's been folded and put away but will smooth out when its put back on a B200.

I'll let it go for £35 saving you over £13 new & post it to you free.

Cheers
Nick

[quote name='nickcarey' post='771785' date='Mar 11 2010, 04:31 PM']Hi there,

Again this one's unused too due to the fiasco mentioned in the first post above. I paid £47.56 for it (have a look at the Silverstone amp covers site).

It looks a bit creased as it's been folded and put away but will smooth out when its put back on a B200.

I'll let it go for £35 saving you over £13 new & post it to you free.

Cheers
Nick[/quote]

Arrived this AM Nick so thanks not surpringly looks like Slverstone put their badge on the wrong side!

Not a problem just confirms my view of Silverstone. have bought two previous covers from them. Both orders were buggered up by them. Both either wrong size or wrong colours. Wasn't surprised that this wasn't 100% correct therefore.

Don't get me wrong, happy with the case and the transaction, it fits like a glove and looks lovely.
Thanks a lot buddy

A pleasure to do business etc....
Andy