Why become a member? ×

Hartke LH500 £195 inc carriage

Not mine but a mate has a very good/mint condition LH500 for sale. I gave it a blast the other day and I was knocked out by the sound, at a fraction of the cost of my Thunderfunk it wasn't a kick in the backside off being as good! :rolleyes: :lol: Have a trawl through Basschat, Talkbass, Harmony Central etc if you want an idea of what these are like, there's loads of good stuff being said about them.

I can ask him to get pics if someone is interested but essentially it has a couple of small marks on the rack mounts but nothing to write home about. The price of £195 includes UK mainland delivery, if you are outside of Mainland UK give me a shout and I'll see what can be done.

No trades or anything as he was intending joining a band but he's realised that it's more hassle than it is worth trying to do so... shame. :)

[quote name='Conan' post='767554' date='Mar 8 2010, 08:16 AM']Wow! So he will ship anywhere in the UK for a fiver!? :)[/quote]

Gets it done direct through work... saying that anyone can get an amp (not cab/combo) shipped in the UK for £7.99! :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='768222' date='Mar 8 2010, 05:07 PM']Gets it done direct through work... saying that anyone can get an amp (not cab/combo) shipped in the UK for £7.99! :)[/quote]

That's incredible! Who does that? I thought it was all done on weight, and some amps weigh an absolute TON! My Ampeg for example... :rolleyes:

[quote name='Conan' post='768816' date='Mar 9 2010, 08:09 AM']That's incredible! Who does that? I thought it was all done on weight, and some amps weigh an absolute TON! My Ampeg for example... :rolleyes:[/quote]

'Senditnow' or 'parcel2go' have a service which is actually £6.99/£7.99 for a parcel up to 30kg (so long as you are not talking silly dimensions i.e. a bass in a case is within limits) BUT insurance is only £150-£200 so it would be no good for something like a vintage Ampeg or expensive bass; insurance can be added but NOT on guitars! :)

I used the same services to send a 27kg bass cab down the country and it arrived safe and sound. So a well packaged LH500 wouldn't be a problem; hence his offer of knocking off a fiver for someone collecting, which may be on the cards later this week due to a local ad.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='769069' date='Mar 9 2010, 11:58 AM']'Senditnow' or 'parcel2go' have a service which is actually £6.99/£7.99 for a parcel up to 30kg (so long as you are not talking silly dimensions i.e. a bass in a case is within limits) BUT insurance is only £150-£200 so it would be no good for something like a vintage Ampeg or expensive bass; insurance can be added but NOT on guitars! :)[/quote]

Thanks for that! :rolleyes: Great price!

BTW, is you band playing local again anytime soon? :lol:

[quote name='Conan' post='769561' date='Mar 9 2010, 06:46 PM']Good to hear that some cash is being ploughed back into the Blyth economy![/quote]

:) It's not that bad of a place... we lost our 'drugs capital' title years ago!

As for the band playing; not for a while as I'm rehearsing up with a new 6 piece band. I'll update you when either band is out next. :rolleyes: