Why become a member? ×

Peavey Non-T 40 thread.

EdwardHimself

This is my lovely new peavey international series 5 string bass. It's sadly a bit banged up but in all honesty i think that's probably why it was only £135. I really needed a nice cheap bass to have 5 strings (don't believe anyone who says nobody needs more than 4 strings trust me) so this fit that pretty much. I'm in the middle of changing out the electronics for actives which is why the knobs are different, in fact one of the original knobs was missing when i got it and had been replaced with a shiny chrome knob rather than the satin chrome like the others.

this was me last night, i had a haircut and an earplug done today lolz.

Also here is a pretty bad and really old shot of my old bass, maybe get some more up if i can find any better 1s.

Apologies if there has been another thread like this but if there is then i haven't seen it.

Edited by Alien

• 3 weeks later...

Good buy- I have a fretted and a fretless just like that but red and orange respectively. Excellent value. Will need to get some pics I guess...

What electronics are you putting in? I actually really like the passive controls- rolling off the bridge tone with everything else maxed out gives me my ideal fretless sound.

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='783458' date='Mar 23 2010, 02:13 PM']Good buy- I have a fretted and a fretless just like that but red and orange respectively. Excellent value. Will need to get some pics I guess...

What electronics are you putting in? I actually really like the passive controls- rolling off the bridge tone with everything else maxed out gives me my ideal fretless sound.[/quote]

I've already shoved in an emg preamp from my other bass, sounds pretty nice although i think i have some odd grounding issues which i'll have 2 sort out @ some point. Lookin 4ward 2 seeing peavey pics too :)

Edited by EdwardHimself

my first proper bass was one of these but a 4 string in candy apple red, took all my lessons on it, was in my first band with it and I still have it, I'll never sell it. Ive liked peavey gear ever since. The USA stuff is very good and not overpriced (apart from the cirrus range) and I still use peavey amps. I'll get a picture of my one up here tommorow :)

Edited by kevbass

• 3 months later...