Why become a member? ×

Audio interface question

Golchen

Audio interface question

I need to get a cheap audio interface for use with recording music on my mac laptop. Generally speaking, do they utilise the mic input or do they work via USB? I know nothing about interfaces at all!

To cut a long story short, apple repairs have buggered my mic input and can’t seem to fix it, so I need to get an alternative way of getting sound into the laptop.

[quote name='Golchen' post='762777' date='Mar 3 2010, 11:40 AM']Audio interface question

I need to get a cheap audio interface for use with recording music on my mac laptop. Generally speaking, do they utilise the mic input or do they work via USB? I know nothing about interfaces at all!

To cut a long story short, apple repairs have buggered my mic input and can’t seem to fix it, so I need to get an alternative way of getting sound into the laptop.[/quote]

Normally via USB or Firewire

[quote name='Golchen' post='762777' date='Mar 3 2010, 11:40 AM']Audio interface question

To cut a long story short, apple repairs have buggered my mic input and can’t seem to fix it, so I need to get an alternative way of getting sound into the laptop.[/quote]

it work work on usb or firewire, and will be much better quality than the inbuilt stuff on the mac :)

hope that helps.

your mic input is for the onboard soundcard. You want to use an interface instead of the on board sound card, so you get an interface with an input on it, and plug that in via USB or firewire.

If you just want something as cheap as possible I think behringer do a USB one.