Why become a member? ×

Bobby McFerrin and the pentatonic scale

ednaplate

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='751597' date='Feb 20 2010, 09:48 AM']Brilliant Video.

Amazing that everyone there sings the same notes, shows that everyone there was automatically using the same scale.

Wonder if it'd work in countries that don't use the standard western scale though.[/quote]
good vid for teaching can I use it do you think?

[quote name='Musicman69' post='754623' date='Feb 23 2010, 03:39 AM']dont mean to upset things but he gave them the next note (in pentatonic).. so then they take the minor scale. If he'd given it in major Id say theyd have sung that. Just my thoughts on the subject.[/quote]
I don't understand the point you're making. Surely the point of the video is that the audience knew what note to sing without being told, when he jumped to the third note of the scale. It all sounds pretty pentatonic to me...

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='754725' date='Feb 23 2010, 09:29 AM']I don't understand the point you're making. Surely the point of the video is that the audience knew what note to sing without being told, when he jumped to the third note of the scale. It all sounds pretty pentatonic to me...[/quote]

Yeah.. I stand corrected.
Wasnt quite thinking clearly at the time. That last half a light beer goes to blame!
:) :rolleyes: