Why become a member? ×

SOLD Villex Jazz Bass Pickups SOLD

Now sold thanks

For Sale. These sounded great in a Jap jazz I had but I sold that bass and never found anything interesting enough to put them in. I believe they are the V2JLH model found [url="http://www.villex.com/pickups.html"]here.[/url] NOTE: The neck pup is smaller in size than the bridge pup as per regular Fender cavity sizes.

Comes complete with control plate already wired with stacked volumes, mid-range sweep thingy and passive tone control, screws and knobs. £125 posted o.n.o

Edited by TPJ

I guess so, but the Modulus VJ only came with Barts as standard which were way too scooped to be heard on stage. Villex were offered as a custom option and they apparently didn't have this issue. So its a good way to upgrade a VJ and enhance its desirability.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='750316' date='Feb 18 2010, 10:46 PM']I guess so, but the Modulus VJ only came with Barts as standard which were way too scooped to be heard on stage. Villex were offered as a custom option and they apparently didn't have this issue. So its a good way to upgrade a VJ and enhance its desirability.[/quote]

These pickups will help any bass really. You have the benefits of an active system (good output with tone clarity and flexibility) in a passive setup.
These pups will improve the sound of your basic jazz bass clone exponentially, as well as reportedly expensive instruments as stated above.

Anyone with a dull sounding bass would not do wrong installing these. Or, get an inexpensive bass and pimp it.

I'd keep these but all my basses are sorted and I'm saving for a UDB.

Price negotiable.