Why become a member? ×

Has your bass got a face?

KiOgon

[quote name='Bassassin' post='748622' date='Feb 17 2010, 04:26 PM']However I finally got around to taking some pics of my Lace Helix - and when going through them, was struck by the realisation that it looks [i]exactly[/i] like a fluffy little baby seal cub, flinching as it waits for the cudgel to descend:

[attachment=42894:sealcub.jpg]

[size=5][b]And once you see it, you can't un-see it[/b][/size]. I was intending to swap the knobs for wooden or metal ones, if I could find the right style - but that would be like plucking its little eyes out.

I'm so glad it's not white.

Jon.[/quote]

I know!!! :) :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='Tinman' post='745033' date='Feb 14 2010, 05:47 PM']Yep, see if you can see 'em :)
[/quote]

tinman, i've just realised thats one massive face.

you have the two very dark bits either side of the neck pickup, they're the eyes.

above and between the eyes there is dark wood thats eyebrows and nose.

beneath the bridge is dark wook which is the mouth.

to the sides and between the nose and mouth there are two bits of dark wood that curl upwards, thats one of those moustaches that curls off the side of your face.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='750071' date='Feb 18 2010, 06:44 PM']You make Baby Seal Bass very, very sad. :)

J.[/quote]

Noooooo, I don't want it to be sad :rolleyes:

Please can you wrap it in something warm, pink and fluffy and assure it that it's safe with you and nothing bad will happen to it? :wub:

[quote name='Tait' post='750298' date='Feb 18 2010, 10:36 PM']tinman, i've just realised thats one massive face.[/quote]

It's a rhinocerous I tell you, the horns are it's (wonky) ears :wub:

Edited by Mrs Tinman

[quote name='budget bassist' post='752085' date='Feb 20 2010, 07:19 PM']No no no no no, you've got it all wrong
HERE'S the fish

[/quote]

thats pretty much what i meant, but i couldnt be bothered to go into so much detail! and the screws are clearly the eyes!