Why become a member? ×

Hi!

bottlebassman

Hello one and all, just joined this site after getting back into playing Bass after a few years away from it. I live in north northumberland and am mainly into rock music, particularly prog such as Dream Theater and Spock's Beard - Neal Morse (though I don't -or can't!!! play this style!) also listen to lots of older punk/new wave such as The Stranglers, Blondie and Dr.Feelgood. J.J burnell (Stranglers)probably bring my biggest influence.
I've just joined a local rock band who have been around/gigging for a couple of years in the local area playing mainly covers and we will be looking to gig in a few months time.
I have 2 basses, my old Washburn axxess xs4, and my newly acquired and very nice and shiny "Geddy Lee" Fender Jazz. May post some pics when I work out how to! :)

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='740388' date='Feb 9 2010, 09:30 PM']Another welcome from a North-Easterner. When I first saw your 'handle' I thought.....'bottle'....Northumberland - maybe he lives in Shilbottle. Further north are we?[/quote]
Hi mate, your not far off the mark! Band originated from Shilbottle, I reside in Alnwick.