Why become a member? ×

Fretted and fretless in one neck

Steve A

from what i can remember from the first time i watched this, it was extended with info on it, were the idea came from, design but despite being clever i recall them having so many difficulties with it and with the company, that the bass became a one off.
i dont think it was the bass itself though, just the service of modifing the neck but looks and sounds ace.... might attempt to make my own someday =]

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='735789' date='Feb 5 2010, 03:10 AM']Did one of the headless graphitey mob not build a similair bass but it was a big circular knob at the headless end to operate the moving frets? Again I think it was one off.
Or have i done too many drugs?

BB[/quote]

I think you're thinking of Steinberger.

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='735789' date='Feb 5 2010, 08:10 AM']Did one of the headless graphitey mob not build a similair bass but it was a big circular knob at the headless end to operate the moving frets? Again I think it was one off.
Or have i done too many drugs?

BB[/quote]

Someone did something like that about 10 years ago I think, don't remember it being headless though. It was on a TV show and the guy demonstrated it similar to the video above.