Why become a member? ×

Musicman Sterling, 4 string

mildmanofrock

Hi folks, I'm selling my Musicman Sterling. It has a lovely sound and plays like a dream, but I've realised active basses aren't for me.

It comes with:

* A Hipshot D-Tuner - I've kept the original peg and can refit this if you like.
* Bronze strap locks - again, I've kept the originals.
* Musicman hard case.

About six months ago, I made the mistake of leaning the bass on a chair and running for the phone. It slid onto the floor - and now there's a crack running below the bridge to the backplate - as you can see in the pictures. There's also a bit of a ding. I've never had this happen to a bass before, so I don't know whether it can be fixed or improved. Maybe some of you with experience of repairs might know?

So, in view of the condition, I'd like to sell this for [b]£500[/b]. If you want me to deliver, I think it will be around £25 extra.

Cheers,

Steve

Some pics - [url="http://s825.photobucket.com/albums/zz176/mildmanofrock/"][b]and some more here.[/b][/url]

[attachment=41766:IMG_1979.JPG] [attachment=41767:IMG_1984.JPG]
[attachment=41768:IMG_1991.JPG] [attachment=41769:IMG_2004.JPG]
[attachment=41770:IMG_2005.JPG] [attachment=41772:IMG_1962.JPG]

Edited by mildmanofrock

I had one of these, not for me but a very nice bass. I sold it for £600, which I thought was a touch on the cheap side!

That looks a very cool bass and really good value - I'm sure that it won't stick around for long at that price!

I'm a Ray man myself, but if I was into slimmer necks I'd have your arm off at that price. She's a beaut' you won't have to wait long for a customer I reckon. Have a bump.

EDIT If anyone is worried by that small chip (hey that's road wear mojo!), a few coats of black nail poilsh and bit of elbow grease with some fine wet & dry and T Cut should fix that up nicely. I've done similar repairs in the past and you really can't tell it was ever damaged.

Edited by ezbass

Cheers fellas, I reckon it's a fair price, bearing in mind I bought the bugger two years ago for £850. As PMs have pointed out to me, it's not in the best of nick. But if I sold it for any less, I'd lose a couple of happy sacks.

I like to be honest about these things. so I wanted to do a nice deal with fellow bass players. Not here to rip anyone off - which is why I posted pics that show the crack in all it's glory (although I do think they show it up in scary microscopic detail - it doesn't look that bad in the flesh).

Edited by mildmanofrock