Why become a member? ×

Lakland skyine 55-01 - F/S

MrT-Bass

After some soul-searching, I've decided to part with my Lakland 55-01 Skyline. It is not getting the attention that it truely deserves and I
have a new addition to my bass family on the way that will only make the poor Lakie quite jelous and upset.

Pictures in a post below...for those who want techie details, they are as follows -

Nut Width - 1.81"
Nut Type - Plastic
Fret Size - .041/.085"
Width at Final Fret - 3.3"
1st Fret Neck Depth - .81"
12th Fret Neck Depth - .92"
Fingerboard Radius - 10-13" (Compound)
Scale Length - 35"
Frets - 22
Bridge String Spacing - .75"
Neck Wood - Flat-Sawn Rock Maple with Graphite Reinforcement Bars
Body wood(s) - Ash
Fingerboard - Fretted Rosewood with Dots
Tuners - Hipshot Lisc. Ultra-Lite's
Truss Rod Access - Neck Heel: 4mm Hex
Controls - Cut and Boost: Bass, Midrange, Treble, Panning-style Pickup
Blend Control
Master Volume (pull for preamp bypass)
Bridge - Lakland Dual Access (through body or through bridge)
Preamp - Bartolini MK-1
Pickups - SD Basslines split-coil soapbars (Thanks Hit&Run!!!)

In addition this bass was a Deluxe Skyline 55-01 and has a quilted maple top. They don't seem to make the 55-01 Deluxe anymore but the 55-02 deluxe is still available on the Lakland site. This bass was brought new from the Bass Gallery in Camden in 2005 and has served me very well over the last 4 years. There are a few very very small dings on the body & headstock, but these in no way affect the playability or sound.

This is a cracking bass and needs to be played. I am sorry to have to sell it but I cannot justify having it in a case in the corner.

Anyone who wants to come and try it would be more than welcome. I'll provide the tea, you can bring the biscuits and cash...:rolleyes: I am based in
Ruislip, West London.

And the price...£550. I'm not really interested in trades but feel free to offer me your 70's fender Jazz or maybe a PJ sadowsky Metro

Thanks for looking :)

T

Edited by MrT-Bass

So...Sorry for the delay. Here are the pictures to help the imagination!!
[attachment=42042:Lakland_..._Frontal.JPG]
[attachment=42038:Lakland_...ody_shot.JPG]
[attachment=42039:Lakland_...eadstock.JPG]
[attachment=42040:Lakland_..._of_body.JPG]
[attachment=42041:Lakland_...eadstock.JPG]
If you'd like any further information or to make me an offer, PM me :)

Cheers,

T

PS - This one isn't on ebay as yet but I may consider it...if it doesn't shift!

Edited by MrT-Bass

I have just bought a 44-01, and can attest to these being a VERY fearsome force to be reckoned with. Just one of those basses that..is very hard not to like :)

Just a slightly off topic question actually, if you don't mind me asking. How easy was it to change out the knobs on yours? I have an all black 44-01 which although looks very classy, I'm thinking some equally classy knobs could really compete the look such as yours.

[quote name='sockdeluxe_mikey' post='740011' date='Feb 9 2010, 02:32 PM']I have just bought a 44-01, and can attest to these being a VERY fearsome force to be reckoned with. Just one of those basses that..is very hard not to like :rolleyes:

Just a slightly off topic question actually, if you don't mind me asking. How easy was it to change out the knobs on yours? I have an all black 44-01 which although looks very classy, I'm thinking some equally classy knobs could really compete the look such as yours.[/quote]

Thanks for the endorsement. It is a real beauty but I can't keep it and not play it...as I'm sure you'll agree, that would be criminal!!!

On the pots...Not too hard to change I shouldn't think. Most either push on/ pull off or are fixed by an inset screw on the side of the pot.
You can buy replacements from a few different guitar/bass parts suppliers.

Good luck if you choose to change them over :)

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='753255' date='Feb 21 2010, 09:05 PM']In the spec of this bass you state the pickups are bartolinis, but in the pictures they look very much like SD basslines.

Did you do a swap at some point?

Thanks[/quote]

Good point Hit&Run...They are indeed basslines and I'm going to check the pre that's inside...and all the other points on the blurb above!!!
(That'll teach me for mindlessly copying information from the Lakland site and not reading properly.)

• 4 weeks later...