Why become a member? ×

Fender CIJ 1962 Reissue - Olympic White / Rosewood Board / Foto Flame neck (Now Sold)

Gary Williams

With much regret, it is time to sell my Fender CIJ 62 Reissue Precision Bass.

I bought this in October 2009 from Basschat member Simon (Oldgit) - I think it is a 1993-94 model from the Guitar Dater Project website (Simon?). Shortly afterwards saw the Fender Precision Foto Flame neck (Made in Japan) and couldn't resist it as it looked so gorgeous. The neck is circa 1995 so around the same era once again looking at the Guitar Dater Project website.

The Olympic White has aged nicely into a cream colour. There is a bit of mojo which is understandable on a bass of this age and nothing that affects the playability, just small dings, dents & scratches. Tried to highlight them in the pics - the worst is shown on 3rd image from end which even then is not that bad.

I added the Tortoiseshell pickguard (WD Music) as I wasn't that keen on the original pinky coloured thin version. Whilst doing this I also screened the pickup and control cavity with copper shielding tape. The original scrachplate will be shipped along with the bass though. Straplocks fitted and strap fittings included in sale.

Bass plays and sounds great just as it should, very growly and typical Precision woody tones. The neck is beautifully comfortable - quite thin and almost Jazz bass like. Low action as I like it this way :0)

Comes with brand new Swing Bass strings 45-105 and Fender gig bag.

More information and lots of pics [url="http://www.gary-williams.co.uk/bass/precision.htm"]HERE[/url]

Reason for sale? Tax bill, Accountant's bill and a Sadowsky UV70 on order that needs paying for!

I am based near Horsham, West Sussex which is about 25 minutes away from Gatwick Airport.

Looking for £375.00 plus £25.00 shipping within Mainland UK.

No Trades. Original neck is sold I'm afraid.

Edited by Gary Williams

[quote name='MB1' post='731569' date='Feb 1 2010, 12:28 PM']MB1. :lol:
Blimey!...apart from the fotoflame neck and the scratchplate didnt this used to be mine Si? (admittedly only fleetingly!) :)
BUMP![/quote]

Can't remember if it was one of the ones I got in from Japan :rolleyes:
So many basses, so few working brain cells .....

[quote name='OldGit' post='731765' date='Feb 1 2010, 02:36 PM']Can't remember if it was one of the ones I got in from Japan :)
So many basses, so few working brain cells .....[/quote]

Well, it's mine now :rolleyes:

Or rather, it will be soon. I'm destined to own all of your basses eventually, Si....