Why become a member? ×

Feeler: Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass in olympic white

sockdeluxe_mikey

[quote name='sockdeluxe_mikey' post='743659' date='Feb 13 2010, 03:27 AM']I am collating all of this in the feedback forum concerning Trevthebass - am very glad guys you actually managed to find my Marcus Miller on eBay, as he is unfortunately using my original selling information on the listing![/quote]

DON´T SAY I DIDN´T WARN YOU..... :)

re-upped for even more :/

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marcus-Miller-jazz-Custom_W0QQitemZ220556450349QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item335a305a2d"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marcus-Miller-jazz-C...=item335a305a2d[/url]

[quote name='WarPig' post='745394' date='Feb 14 2010, 11:31 PM']re-upped for even more :/[/quote]

Maybe they realised (possibly from reading this very thread) that if they sold it at the original price (i.e. with the maiden bid) they'd end up losing money on the deal... and I don't think that was in their game plan! :)

<edit>

For typo.

Edited by warwickhunt

So it eventually sold on ebay for £500... if he's paid £460 for it on BC, then that's not a great business head that our Trev has! :)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220556450349&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url]

[quote name='ian' post='748904' date='Feb 17 2010, 08:29 PM']so i guess in the end all he did do was get hes costs back paid £460 then take away petrol new set of Drs /paypal/ebay fees so whats the big deal about him making money again lol[/quote]

I think his intention was to make a quick profit off as many BC purchases as he could but I don't think he fully took into account the extent of eBay/PayPal fees these days! :) Saying that, had someone hit his revised BIN he'd have made a tidy profit. :rolleyes:

i would like to point out that was not the case .what trevor does is buys things on inpulse without thinking it through if he actually wants it or needs the bass really.The problem is he has now just got a 79 stingray come and needs to get rid of the basses.If he really thought what he was doing was wrong would he re advitise it on basschat ? .I would want to try and get across he really aint trying to do anyone over .the fender jazz p he has he paid £540 for and he now has it on ebay at a cost of £550 so again hes lost money .but i can also see why people may be concerned anyway many thanks ian.
also one more thing he sold hes musicman stingray fretless for £700 to a guy who said he loved the bass the next day its on ebay and still on ebay today but thats life i guess if the guy makes a few quid thats life aint it ? my brother got the money he asked for .But yesterday when i spoke to him he said he wished he would have give MB1 the offer of the bass first at the price he paid .many thanks again everyone

[quote name='ian' post='749500' date='Feb 18 2010, 11:57 AM']i would like to point out that was not the case .what trevor does is buys things on inpulse without thinking it through if he actually wants it or needs the bass really.The problem is he has now just got a 79 stingray come and needs to get rid of the basses.If he really thought what he was doing was wrong would he re advitise it on basschat ? .I would want to try and get across he really aint trying to do anyone over .the fender jazz p he has he paid £540 for and he now has it on ebay at a cost of £550 so again hes lost money .but i can also see why people may be concerned anyway many thanks ian.
also one more thing he sold hes musicman stingray fretless for £700 to a guy who said he loved the bass the next day its on ebay and still on ebay today but thats life i guess if the guy makes a few quid thats life aint it ? my brother got the money he asked for .But yesterday when i spoke to him he said he wished he would have give MB1 the offer of the bass first at the price he paid .many thanks again everyone[/quote]

Admirable of you to put those points across Ian. Thing is you really have to get a few backs up to get yourself banned from Basschat... I should know, I've watched some folks try REALLY hard but Trev did it remarkably easily! :rolleyes:

You say that Trev (is he your brother or did I pick that up wrong?) isn't trying to profit etc. (not that it's anyone's business if he is) and you point out that he's selling things that he bought on impulse. Odd that he should have this particular MM Jazz on eBay for a BIN that would make him little profit, then after this thread points out the slim profit margin he pulls the sale and puts a BIN £100 more than he previously had it up for! :)

It's more about the way you treat folks that matters around here... but please don't hold it against me for pointing this stuff out. :lol:

• 1 year later...

[quote name='adam40' post='1277602' date='Jun 21 2011, 07:56 PM']you still got the marcus miller jazz if so would you consider a swap[/quote]

Have you read the thread and looked at some of the links to other threads... and a 16mth old thread is a long shot! :)