Why become a member? ×

damn blue speaker went...............

Baxter

[quote name='Baxter' post='730975' date='Jan 31 2010, 07:15 PM']Pop

Ashdown Mag300 115 combo

Didn't replace with another, got a celestion instead.[/quote]

Can i ask how much and what model.

The speaker in my MAG307 C-115 has gone as well and ive been quoted £50 +P&P from Ashdown for a "better" replacement. That seems an ok price but ive not really shopped around yet.

Aye, celestion BL15-250

£60 including UPS postage from www.lean-business.co.uk

Gave it a test tonight, seems pretty good - no appreciable difference in sound, maybe the extra 50w from standard will give it a bit more room - if you know what I mean -

BTW I also checked Ashdown there's VAT on top of that price pushing it to £70

Edited by Baxter

Hi Dave - For the same kind of money, I just wasn't comfortable buying a part that may not be all that reliable! Its
a shame because its such a good amp otherwise. I played safe and went for the brand name, As I said it seems no different soundwise.

Bax

[quote name='Baxter' post='732372' date='Feb 1 2010, 11:00 PM']Hi Dave - For the same kind of money, I just wasn't comfortable buying a part that may not be all that reliable! Its
a shame because its such a good amp otherwise. I played safe and went for the brand name, As I said it seems no different soundwise.

Bax[/quote]

Well the price is better so thats good in my book.
Actually my other band are paying for it so cost isn't really an issue. They had it for their other bass players to use and so said they would pay for it to be fixed.
Its about 4 years old and probably done well over 150 gigs, as a bass amp and a monitor so i guess it was due a breakdown at some point.
For now its just going to be used at work as a cab, run from my LMII when i do overtime. Which probably means ill use it about one hour every two months.