Why become a member? ×

Some DB stuff for sale

Owen

I have some DB stuff for sale

Bits [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=75090"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=75090[/url]

Neck and machines (planed and trued rosewood fingerboard) £180

Bridge from the bass the same time as the neck came off so the radius is matched for the fingerboard £20

New rosewood tailpiece - £20

Yamaha tom arm and mount to mount the whole thing onto a cymbal stand £15

Edited by owen

It can get confusing. :)
I didn't realise the different construction methods until I started looking into making a removable neck DB. The project has been stalled as I couldn't decide how to progress with the neck attachment. Either of these ways mentioned below are used with the several luthiers making/converting DB to removable neck versions. I was looking at getting [url="http://www.swstrings.com/catalog/showInstrumentGroup.jsp?groupId=735E&subcategory=Bass"]one of these[/url] and having a local chap detach the neck so I could have a travel bass [url="http://www.merchantbass.com/acoustic/traveler.htm"] similar to this.[/url]. $1700 + $500 to convert is quite a bit less than the $4500 Merchant want for basically a thin ply bass that can't really be played acoustically.

If your neck is workable it may just save the project and save me a few £k :rolleyes:

This is a dovetail joint i believe. (note the extra slot in the block. The neck would have a piece that would slide into a channel like this)

This is a mortise style joint (note it's just the neck sliding flat into the top block)

[url="http://www.uptonbass.com/BASS-ORDER-UPGRADE-Removable-Neck/"]Upton Bass builders[/url] use this method as well.

A few pics would be great.

Edited by TPJ

[quote name='Steve Amadeo' post='728200' date='Jan 28 2010, 10:35 PM']Remember whatever you sell you'll have to add to the pool and claim 100% Annual Invest............. :)[/quote]

I am within 5 mins of submitting my returns. Don't confuse me further!

Sorry TPJ, I now have the neck in the house but have spent the whole evening chasing Corinne Bailey Rae's new album and interviews around the net. I have not been this excited about a new release in 20 years! Pics tomorrow.

[attachment=41493:IMG_0214.jpg]
[attachment=41492:IMG_0213.jpg]
[attachment=41494:IMG_0215.jpg]
[attachment=41495:IMG_0216.jpg]
[attachment=41496:IMG_0217.jpg]
[attachment=41497:IMG_0218.jpg]
[attachment=41498:IMG_0219.jpg]

And there you have it. It is a 3 string to 4 string conversion. The headstock has snapped off in the past but is super sound.

[quote name='Greydad' post='732419' date='Feb 1 2010, 11:54 PM']How does that work on a double bass then???[/quote]

Just on the VERY REMOTE chance that ANYONE thought I was being serious, that was a joke.

However, if your using metal core strings then you can mount them at the end of your fingerboard and have the PHATEST P bass in the world. It is NOT a traditional DB sound, but it actually does have it's merits and is not the stupidest idea ever.

[quote name='headofire' post='735602' date='Feb 4 2010, 10:35 PM']i like the look of that neck mate, what bits have you got left? how much for the remaining eub bits you posted?[/quote]

Neck and machines (planed and trued rosewood fingerboard) £180

Bridge from the bass the same time as the neck came off so the radius is matched for the fingerboard £20

New rosewood tailpiece - £20

Yamaha tom arm and mount to mount the whole thing onto a cymbal stand £20

All these are still here including the very large piece of Ash. I would do then all for £200 + carriage.

Let me know.

Owen

[quote name='owen' post='732306' date='Feb 1 2010, 10:10 PM']Full circle gone.[/quote]

The Full Circle turned up today and I've fitted it to my Yamaha SLB200 as recommended by Dave Swift.

Wow! what a difference! It's really opened up the sound and it's the best amplified bow sound I've ever achieved.

So far tested in the house through GK150s, Markbass LM 250 + Epifani UL110 + EA Wizzy 10

LM250 + Epifani best so far, I'll try it on the gig tomorrow with 2 x UL110

Many thanks Owen