Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ultimate Covers Band Set List?

ticker.hart

Hi All,

I have just set up a new covers band and it is proving to be prety good. We are going to go down the route of functions and social clubs to try and make a few quid compared with the usual low pub wages.

We have decided to try to write the ultimate entertaining party set list, rather than just dredging out the songs we have been playing in other bands for years. We will then all learn the new set list before a few rehearsals etc.

So I want to throw this thread open to song sugestions, what goes down well in your band? What song do you love to hear when you see a rock/pop covers band? We are open to modern and classic tracks, cheesy tunes, rock anthems, pop hits, slow smoochy tunes. Nothing to heavy or alternative as we do want to target functions etc.

I obviously have a good Idea of the songs we should be doing but thought tapping into the wealth of knowledge and experience on this site could only add to the list!

We are a 4 piece band in our twenties, guitar, bass, drums and vocals. Im a good bass player and we have an awesome guitarist.

Please help us out with a few awesome tracks to add to our list.

Many Thanks in advance!

Our two most popular songs are Vertigo by U2 and Dakota by the Stereophonics. They both go down a storm.

And never underestimate the popularity of......Mustang Sally :rolleyes: Get a couple of girls up out of the audience on a spare mic to do backing vocals. Sorted. Depends how cheesy you want to get I guess :)