Why become a member? ×

What´s a good price for a DeArmond Starfire

basshead56

I sold mine last year for £200, it was Korean but not in the best nick - some cosmetic damage around a neck repair, worn gold foil on the bridge pickup and a couple of deep dings near the bridge. So one in tip top condition would probably go for a bit more, £250 maybe?

So I bought Neepheid's. I was watching a good nick one on eBay a couple of weeks ago, just to see what it went for, and it made £350. They seem to be well thought of, even amongst fans of the Guild original. One possible drawback in some people's eyes is the 32" scale, though it actually doesn't feel like a short/medium scale bass. The other drawback is the wide body, which means very few cases or gig bags will fit. I've ended up with a gigantic Warwick acoustic bass gigbag. The alternative, if you can find one, is the Epi Jack Casady case, and I think you have to modify that.

[quote name='spinynorman' post='725271' date='Jan 26 2010, 04:13 PM']So I bought Neepheid's. I was watching a good nick one on eBay a couple of weeks ago, just to see what it went for, and it made £350. They seem to be well thought of, even amongst fans of the Guild original. One possible drawback in some people's eyes is the 32" scale, though it actually doesn't feel like a short/medium scale bass. The other drawback is the wide body, which means very few cases or gig bags will fit. I've ended up with a gigantic Warwick acoustic bass gigbag. The alternative, if you can find one, is the Epi Jack Casady case, and I think you have to modify that.[/quote]
I think they were all Korean (and 30.75 inch scale from what I've seen, so closer to short than medium). I've seen a few go for 300 - 400, and most seem to be fairly near mint condition. If you've got the spare cash you sometimes see them converted to Darkstars, which makes them very good indeed.

[quote name='henry norton' post='725333' date='Jan 26 2010, 04:05 PM']I think they were all Korean (and 30.75 inch scale from what I've seen, so closer to short than medium). I've seen a few go for 300 - 400, and most seem to be fairly near mint condition. If you've got the spare cash you sometimes see them converted to Darkstars, which makes them very good indeed.[/quote]

i sold mine a while ago for 250