Why become a member? ×

Hi

the_skezz

I'm Conor from Wolverhampton, also known as the Skezz, Skezza, Conski, Conrad, and annoying little sod.

I've been playing bass for nearly eighteen months now, and enjoy playing punk and hard rock. I'm currently in a thrash metal band called Skorned (previously known as Vintage, then Dissidia); we play a fair variety of songs, from Sweet Child o Mine through to Davidian by Machine Head (yeah...not my choices, before anyone asks).

I play a Fender 50's Precision (reissue with a gold scratchplate) though a Marshall 4210, which sounds pretty sweet (I also use a Zoom B2 effects unit). My main influences are Geddy Lee, J.J. Burnel, Duff McKagan and John Entwhistle. I enjoy a variety of music; though my favourite bands are predominantly metal (Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Judas Priest, Scorpions) I still listen to a lot of other artists, such as the Ramones, The Who, the Rolling Stones, the Sex Pistols, Gorillaz and Tom Jones.

Looking forward to browsing the forum, speaking to and learning from other bassists (mainly because most of my music-related conversations are with a guitard with a messiah complex). I'm glad I've finally joined, been meaning to join up for a good while now (my Dad's been nagging at me to join up for a while now)...don't be too hard on me if I'm something of a n00b :)