Why become a member? ×

Early Warwick Dolphin Pro I

jogi

It just doesn´t get the attention it deserves, so here´s your chance of picking up an early Dolphin Pro I. Plays and sounds great with an unbelieveably low action. It does have some scratches (more pics on request) but overall it´s still in very good shape. The old indestructible Warwick flightcase is included.

The only previous owner was one of the first endorsers of the company who got the bass for a photoshooting and didn´t use it much afterwards.

I´m asking 1390 BP incl. shipping to the UK, all other international shipping please ask for qoute.

My mail address is sweers(at)web.de

[quote name='jogi' post='717818' date='Jan 19 2010, 01:39 PM']It just doesn´t get the attention it deserves, so here´s your chance of picking up an early Dolphin Pro I. Plays and sounds great with an unbelieveably low action. It does have some scratches (more pics on request) but overall it´s still in very good shape. The old indestructible Warwick flightcase is included.

The only previous owner was one of the first endorsers of the company who got the bass for a photoshooting and didn´t use it much afterwards.

I´m asking 1390 BP incl. shipping to the UK, all other international shipping please ask for qoute.

My mail address is sweers(at)web.de[/quote]

MB1. :)
Very Nice!
Thats the nicest colour Warwick Dolphin ive ever seen!...lovely blue that!
BUMP!

[quote name='jogi' post='717895' date='Jan 19 2010, 02:40 PM']I´ll take some more pics - should be able to do so tomorrow! As far as I know all of the very early Dolphins are like that. I heard rumours that Pascal Mulot suggested the colour but he doesn´t remember... :)[/quote]

MB1. :rolleyes:
...Lucky really!...he could have suggested.. "Purple Fire"....Sorry! I'll get me coat! :lol:

Edited by MB1

[quote name='Chris2112' post='717956' date='Jan 19 2010, 03:42 PM']They have a Dolphin that looks just like this at Cash Converters in Newcastle. Looks like it needs a good clean but there might be a decent bass in there![/quote]

MB1. :)

.. Only a shop assistant with raging Halitosis at my LOCAL Crack Converter! :rolleyes:
BUMP!

Edited by MB1

[quote name='MB1' post='718244' date='Jan 19 2010, 06:58 PM']MB1. :)

.. Only a shop assistant with raging Halitosis at my LOCAL Crack Converter! :rolleyes:
BUMP![/quote]

just sent my dolphin 5 sntcs to robert in romania
i miss it already, it was upgraded with a brass nut and a piezo
she was the most comfortable bass ive played.

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='718250' date='Jan 19 2010, 07:03 PM']just sent my dolphin 5 sntcs to robert in romania
i miss it already, it was upgraded with a brass nut and a piezo
she was the most comfortable bass ive played.[/quote]

ziggy.. i'll send you pics with the guitar :) don't worry

Don´t think this is true drool material, did them rather in a hurry before rushing off to work. Anyway: here you go!

You will notice:

- slight pitting on the upper horn (from wearing a wrist watch while tapping?)

- slight belt buckle rash on the back but nothing dramatic

- the fretboard seems to have been cleaned at some time using wire wool (the frets need a little cleaning, but that´s just superficial)

- as with a lot of old Warwicks that have an opaque finish instead of oil and wax the serial number is illegible apart from the first two letters

That´s it, it plays like a dream, sounds great and with a little effort it should be possible to reduce all the wear to almost nothing.

Gentleman in France is very interested but has to sell his Lakland Darryl Jones 5 first.

Edited by jogi

[quote name='budget bassist' post='719303' date='Jan 20 2010, 06:32 PM']fair enough, don't let me give you the impression that i'm interested in buying though, i wish i could! i'm merely curious[/quote]

Nothing wrong with that! Most likely it´s poly, though no one was 100% sure.

[quote name='lscolman' post='719934' date='Jan 21 2010, 12:19 PM']Hi Chris2112,

Just checked with Cash Converters in Newcastle, and it's a Pro II in Blue. They want £875 for it.

I already have a Pro II in Black, and they are great basses.

Cheers, Lee[/quote]

Indeed they are, but they´re bolt on and were made for Warwick by Morideira in Japan. Some later Pro II were built by Shadow but rumour has it that quality wasn´t adequate, leading to the abandoning of the whole Pro II series.

• 4 weeks later...