Why become a member? ×

Depressed!

4-string-thing

I found when i was in the same situation to just dive along to local jam nights, (suggested by others already i know)
first couple of times i didnt even take my bass and just chatted to some other musicians getting to know them and to find out the sort of tracks im likely to be able to play with other people,
then after that i started playing with random guys (and girls) and it is all in all a great laugh

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated!

I guess you're right, giving up and selling my gear would be a pretty stupid thing to do!

I will probably try the open mic night approach, as I find trawling through the "musician wanted" ads the most depressing thing ,doesn't anyone want to play anything other than metal or blues?

As for the guy who said, wait til you're middle aged, I had to laugh, I'm 47! (nice one, though)

Mark.

[quote name='4-string-thing' post='718229' date='Jan 19 2010, 06:49 PM']As for the guy who said, wait til you're middle aged, I had to laugh, I'm 47! (nice one, though)[/quote]

oops - thats hilarious - you're as young as you feel I suppose. Anyway, great your still rockin grandad!

[quote name='4-string-thing' post='718229' date='Jan 19 2010, 06:49 PM']Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated!

I guess you're right, giving up and selling my gear would be a pretty stupid thing to do!

I will probably try the open mic night approach, as I find trawling through the "musician wanted" ads the most depressing thing ,doesn't anyone want to play anything other than metal or blues?

As for the guy who said, wait til you're middle aged, I had to laugh, I'm 47! (nice one, though)

Mark.[/quote]

Wow someone's older than me. Slightly.... 46 here :)

[b]oops - thats hilarious - you're as young as you feel I suppose. Anyway, great your still rockin grandad!

Wow someone's older than me. Slightly.... 46 [/b]

Er, thanks chaps. I suppose I might as well sell my gear after all then. I mean, it's only a matter of time before arthritis sets in and my fingers stop working!

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='718317' date='Jan 19 2010, 08:00 PM']Why not start your own band if there's no bands YOU want to join?[/quote]

Yes Sarah, have tried that too. It's just as hard to find individuals as it is to find a band. I started a band a few years ago and spent the next 4 years doing all the work! Which is why I am looking for a band that is already up and running.