Why become a member? ×

TKL Cases

john_the_bass

Has anybody used TKL cases?
They're the usual plywood/tolex construction, but the seller of [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-TKL-PEDALBOARD-Effects-Pedal-FX-Case-board-NEW_W0QQitemZ230181855080QQihZ013QQcategoryZ22669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"] this item[/url] has a few sizes available and they look like reaonsable prices. I was thinking of replacing my little boss case with a board that I could put some different shaped/sized pedals on.

Been using the Medium sizedone (I think ) for a while now without incident.

The only thing I would say is that I did find I needed to remove the cloth from the inside of the base and then paint the exposed wood black. Simply because the velcro was destroying the cloth due to the weight of the pedals attached to it. :huh:

No biggie though and, other than that, I think they represent good VFM. :) :huh:

Edited by bassicinstinct

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='78941' date='Oct 24 2007, 04:27 PM']oh ok cool - i didn't know about that - so the cloth is the carpet side of the velcro then?

The other option I've seen for about the same price is the Stagg versions - ABS plastic - that you can get from badlands guitars for about the same price, but they're a fair bit smaller than that[/quote]

You're testing my feeble memory now!! LOL :huh: :huh:

I *think* there was a velcro strip attached to the cloth lining of the base which started to come away from the case once the pedals were attached which, to be fair, is quite a testament to velcro really. :) :huh:

• 7 months later...

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='78970' date='Oct 24 2007, 05:00 PM']You're testing my feeble memory now!! LOL :huh: :huh:

I *think* there was a velcro strip attached to the cloth lining of the base which started to come away from the case once the pedals were attached which, to be fair, is quite a testament to velcro really. :) :huh:[/quote]

Hiyah .. Is this tall enough to get a big wah pedal in? I've got a Weeping Demon and it's "substantial" to say the least.
[url="http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG00288"]http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG00288[/url]
Also if you have some BOSS sized pedals in the case is there room for a powerblock behind them as well?

Thanks

i use a tlk board and our keyboard player has one for her korg as well. i wouldn't throw them in and out of aircraft but they're fine for the price i think.

but the cloth on the inside does come away - i stapled mine down but it's still looking a bit tired.