Why become a member? ×

New Bass Day

ezbass

After hankering after one of these for quite a while and having sold my Victor Bailey Acoustic and PRS SE Singlecut to fellow BCers (thanks noirbass and gilesmdavis) I have just received my new "Sterling" by Ernie Ball Ray34 :) :rolleyes: :lol: I was originally going to get a honeyburst one, but the black one is sooo much cheaper and I got to prefer its more classy and sober looks to the bling of the honeyburst. It just needed a 1/4 turn on the truss rod to let some more relief into the neck and it plays marvellously, just have to get the rig out now and annoy the neighbours! I got it from Sounds Live who are far and away the cheapest that I could find out there, and a big up to Martin in the sales dept who helped get this beauty here before I disappear on holiday.

Anyway without further delay and with apologies for the poor picture (I'll do better later)

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='713506' date='Jan 15 2010, 10:56 AM']None more black. :rolleyes: The matching headstock's a really nice touch IMO. I'd love to try one of these out next time I'm in Newcastle. Hope it doesn't turn into an expensive trip...[/quote]

There might have to be a pick guard swap to break up the sea of unrelenting black, maybe black/grey pearloid, or as it is more affectionately known, Mother Of Toilet Seat :) Although any replacement would have to modded for the slightly different shaped pickup. These off shore models do play and sound amazing, I'd go as far as to say that this is better than my old 3 band US Ray, the neck certainly is.

[quote name='ezbass' post='713586' date='Jan 15 2010, 12:04 PM']There might have to be a pick guard swap to break up the sea of unrelenting black, maybe black/grey pearloid, or as it is more affectionately known, Mother Of Toilet Seat :) Although any replacement would have to modded for the slightly different shaped pickup. These off shore models do play and sound amazing, I'd go as far as to say that this is better than my old 3 band US Ray, the neck certainly is.[/quote]

I like it, I have a '70's black P bass & BWB pickguard - lovely. Well done, very tasty. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='716010' date='Jan 17 2010, 09:09 PM']I have a black/grey pearloid MM guard which may be of use to you. This one...[/quote]

Just back from hols so I've only just seen this, I know it'll need a little adjustment to allow for the differnt shaped p/up, but what do you want for it?