Why become a member? ×

Oh balls - Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop for sale

I've had a bit of an expensive Christmas and haven't got any work or any gigs lined up for the forseeable, so I am going to have to put yet another LP on the block. I am pretty certain it's never going to be my Desertburst one, so it'll have to be the GT for now. If I am lucky and get some work and the car sails through the MOT then I [i]might[/i] withdraw it, but at present that is looking unlikely.

Very nice condition except for a bit of lacquer checking through the controls, nicely set up, nice weight - not too light and not too heavy (about 9 and a bit pounds I think), original except for Straplocks. Original case included.

Do I hear £1250? I would consider a PRS Mira in part exchange but I'd want some cash to go with it otherwise NO trades.

Edited by john_the_bass

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I've ended the original auction as it wasn't displaying a link to the gallery picture and apparently this was a technical fault. I don't know if this is ebay playing silly buggers or flickr trying to prevent me from using an image that I own the copyright to and paid to have hosted on their site, without linking back to flickr (I know, their rules :) ).
Anyway - the new link to the auction is - [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270521098816"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=270521098816[/url]. Mr Blue Cheese, feel free to do your stuff :rolleyes:

Not to worry lads, it's on ebay and I hope it'll do well.
Golchen, I don't think I'll ever part with my Desertburst Les Paul - as I've been selling off my other guitars, it's the one I've made sure to keep hold of - partly because it's battered and bruised and not worth what the other ones are worth :), partly because of how it looks and plays and sounds. Although, this Goldtop is remarkably similar to the Deserburst, which is why I bought it in the first place - same weight within a few grams (I think the DB is about 20 grams heavier), neck feels the same, balances the same - the GT is set up a bit better but that's easily rectified I guess.
After this one goes, I've only got one Les Paul left (hard life isn't it) - the DB guitar - and I think I'll be buried with it :rolleyes:

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='724946' date='Jan 26 2010, 11:19 AM']Golchen, I don't think I'll ever part with my Desertburst Les Paul - as I've been selling off my other guitars, it's the one I've made sure to keep hold of - partly because it's battered and bruised and not worth what the other ones are worth ....[/quote]

Actually, the condition is the major attraction. I just don't like new guitars and new finishes. Best of luck with the sale of the other one.

Goldtop ends on ebay tonight. Golchen, I think the Desertburst one will be staying with me - it's remarkably similar to the GT but is battered and bruised, has a pair of SD Pearly Gates pickups and is obviously not gold! It has been my go to guitar for the last 2 and a bit years when everything else has either sat in the cupboard or been sold to pay the bills (including my 335 and 4 Les Pauls :) ).
I can't see myself parting with it any time soon. I am however considering selling my Tele Custom to buy a G&L Asat I've spotted.....mmmmmmm

Edited by john_the_bass