Why become a member? ×

Classic Vibe 60's Precision body

luckman67

Can anyone tell me if the body of the Squier Classic Vibe 60's Precision, is the same thickness as the Fender MIM & MIA Precision bass. I own a 1989 Squier precision and the body is thinner than normal Fender basses.Recently I have really wanted a MIM or HW1 precision,but if the Classic Vibe 60's has the same body thickness then I would get one of these. Thanks

Don`t know about the body thickness but I`ve got a H1 P and it`s quite a heavy bugger. It sounds great and I like the finish, it`s starting to wear nicley! The Squire is a cool looking bass and around £300 it`s well priced. I really like the finish on the headstock.

For half the price of a H1 it`s worth a punt.

Jez

I have the Squier CV Jazz and the body is same shape/size as my MIA Jazz!
In fact, apart from the pickups/sound and the lack of through body stringing, I'd say it's as good!
I do also prefer the size of frets on the MIA.....but my point is that the Squier CV's are ace :)

Si

[quote name='luckman67' post='711834' date='Jan 13 2010, 07:51 PM']Thank you for your answers Gentlemen, it looks more like I will get the CV Precision over the MIM & save some money.[/quote]

Bump for a good idea! I love my CV James Johnson Jazz and can't decide between the CV Precision or Jazz for another bass. Most people seem to rate the CV's above the MIM Fenders.

I'm looking to get a CV P as a project bass... here's what I have in mind...

Vintage reverse machines, matching headstock, pup cover, flat top knobs, poss light relicing... 7 neck plate, 3rd strap button (back of headstock)

Or I might get the CV Jazz and do the same...

Edited by bh2