Why become a member? ×

Rockinbetter

tom1946

On sale here:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-RG4001-Rickenbacker-Style-Bass-Guitar-D-Fireglo_W0QQitemZ400095826337QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item5d2791d1a1"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-RG4001-Rickenb...=item5d2791d1a1[/url]

Seriously considering one of these because my divorce will be very painful if I buy a real one. Appreciate any feedback from anyone who has/had one.

/discuss

Thanks, Tom.

[quote name='tom1946' post='706271' date='Jan 9 2010, 06:58 AM']I assume it comes out of the same factory as all the other fakers? Is that the name "Anniversary" ?[/quote]

Not sure where it's made - somewhere East of Ipswich, I'd imagine. But I saw this very one in the shop in Solihull and thought it looked rather nice for the money. IIRC, someone here owns one of these and quite likes it.

And, yes, Anniversary is the brand name. A bit pants, but I'm sure the plate unscrews nicely... :)

Edited by skankdelvar

Hello tom1946.
If you are in no hurry, I MAY be selling my Rockinbetter for £500 in the near future,
If I do it's because I will have found a Rick 4003 .
Really just giving you a head start, worst you can say is no.
I bought it for £575 in Dec, it is ebay item number 270492829061.
It has real original Rick pups, pup surround and bridge (over £300 worth).
If you cant trace it through the e bay number, please send me you personal email address and I will try to send you some photo's (cant seem to get it right on bass chat with photos, something to do with file size and my incompetency).

As I say, at the moment this is a "maybe for sale", however, if you are looking at £500 Rick copies, this may be as good as you get.
I will be deciding in the next couple of weeks.

Hope you don't find this cheeky, really just trying to help both of us,
Cheers,
Karl.