Why become a member? ×

mangled me mitt

beardybass

Ello, here's the problem, I've knackered me hand! Fell over snowboarding a few days ago, according to Dr. Bedside manner, I've most likely torn a ligament, (on my fretting hand, somewhere between the little finger and his next door neighbour) he reckons it'll be up to 3 weeks before I can do anything constructive with my paw.

Question time, are there any of you guys who've had the same or similar problems? Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process? Being a teacher, I'm off for the next week (winter holidays) and I really want to play bass!!!!! Is this a good idea, or to be avoided like the plague?

Basically, this sucks nadgers. Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Merry christmas and happy new year to you all by the way! :)

Reason for edit: I used the word mangled in the title and again in the body of the message, unacceptable.

Edited by beardybass

Don't risk it!!!

I busted loads of different parts of my arms/fingers/hands/shoulders back in my rugby days. Let everything heal properly before doing anything. The best way to carry on musically at the moment is with stuff that doesn't require a bass, such as a bit of ear training or theory.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='704329' date='Jan 7 2010, 03:39 PM']can't you just tape up the little two and use the big two? Maybe not.[/quote]

Not a good idea to try something like that. Just let it all heal properly. I can't use my little finger on my fretting hand very much because I didn't let it heal properly.