Why become a member? ×

FT/FS Overwater Perception Deluxe Fretless 4

martthebass

I do love the sound and playability of this bass, but try as I might it just seems too 'posh' for me (and especially the sort of dives I end up playing these days). I'm afraid I'm just a dyed in the wood MM/Fender guy

Its a 2008 (September) Perception Deluxe. Body is Spanish Cedar back, Claro Walnut facing with a black maple separating strip (match headstock facings). The FB is a nice thick slab of very black ebony (unlined).
I can't find any significant marks on this bass so I'll class it as excellent condition.

Maybe a bit of a long shot but I'm looking for a similar condition MM Ray or Sterling or Fender MIA (preferably a new 2008 type model) Jazz fretless. I'd also consider a Sandberg/Lakky equivalent Jazz-a-like. Not concerned whether lined or unlined. Alternatively £650 obo.

I'd prefer a pickup on this one as I let the original Gator type HSC go as it was too bulky - It will get a brand new Deluxe Rockbag to live in however

Thanks for looking

Edited by martthebass

Oh, a bit more info.

I'd estimate the bass to be on the light side of 8lbs (suprised me a bit that). If weight is an issue to anyone, I'll weigh accurately if requested.

It's currently strung with (fairly new) Thomastik flats.

There's no major wear on the board - some v.fine lines only.

And without a picture this bass doesn't really exist so...........

Attached thumbnail(s)
Reduced 94%

1200 x 1600 (392.84K)
Reduced 94%

1600 x 1200 (350.76K)

Now that is lovely - there is something about an unlined ebony board that just "does it" for me...

Good luck with the sale!
All the best,
Sub-a-dub

Edited by sub-a-dub

• 2 months later...

[quote name='theosd' post='788877' date='Mar 28 2010, 09:07 PM']Ack. If only I could justify spending that much on a fretless!![/quote]

I know what you mean..... I bought a Jaco C/S off beedster a few years ago when I had a weekly "acoustic" night residency - soon as that gig fell over I had to sell the fretless.....

I wish I could justify a good fretless again, so much fun to just mess around with

Big thumbs up for Martin too...... top geezer to deal with, but you all know that anyway !!

ATB
Mark

[quote name='martthebass' post='788874' date='Mar 28 2010, 09:03 PM']Nice abalone dots positioned on the fret - as it should be :)[/quote]

Are these just in the usual dot positions (e.g., 3rd, fifth etc) or do they mark all fret positions?