Why become a member? ×

1976 p bass

brianliverpool

Tell the problem and we might be able to suggest fixes.

Also, I like the fact you managed to find this section, post a thread (presumably by clicking the "New Topic" button at the top of the page) but still managed to miss the list of Recommened Luthiers at the very top of the page. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26654"]This[/url] is the sticky you want.

buzz, found that a bit sarky mate,, dont even know what Luthiers are or a sticky !!! . in a while when i get used to this commputer and this forum stuff, i may come back and slap your hand back !! (only kiddin) anyways prob is my bass has been left under the bed for 20 years (yep 20 long years) and just started to play again,,,,, the 2 volume controls turn down each side of the pick ups and not the individual pickups..hope that makes sense. xxx

[quote name='brianliverpool' post='704906' date='Jan 7 2010, 10:37 PM']buzz, found that a bit sarky mate,, dont even know what Luthiers are or a sticky !!! . in a while when i get used to this commputer and this forum stuff, i may come back and slap your hand back !! (only kiddin) anyways prob is my bass has been left under the bed for 20 years (yep 20 long years) and just started to play again,,,,, the 2 volume controls turn down each side of the pick ups and not the individual pickups..hope that makes sense. xxx[/quote]

It seems that it may be wired wrong!. on a standard P-bass 1 knob is for volume and the other is tone.

Its possible that if you have one half of the pickup that was weak somebody wired each half to a seperate pot so that they could balance the sound better!