Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Swap

phsycoandy

I have a Sadowsky Jazz and a PJ but really want a P puped one only without the extra Jazz pup. Does anyone have one and fancy swapping for my PJ, obviously value wise u will gain, but ill be happy, shes mint with mintish case. Long shot I know. So basically I want to swap my PJ for a Sadowsky Metro P. The Olly white Jazz is going nowhere!

Pic:

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='700733' date='Jan 4 2010, 06:02 PM']I have a Sadowsky Jazz and a PJ but really want a P puped one only without the extra Jazz pup. Does anyone have one and fancy swapping for my PJ, obviously value wise u will gain, but ill be happy, shes mint with mintish case. Long shot I know. So basically I want to swap my PJ for a Sadowsky Metro P. The Olly white Jazz is going nowhere!

Pic: [/quote]

I got one, these are fantastic basses, someone snap it up!

[quote name='birdy' post='700759' date='Jan 4 2010, 06:29 PM']The Oly White one used to be mine, great, great bass - we had some special times together :-)[/quote]
Best sounding band bass I've ever owned bar none, hence the worn neck varnish on the back. :)

Just had a cruise through the Sadowsky website and they don't seem to do a Metro with just the Precision-style split coil. You can only get that on an NYC ultra-vintage, which is going to be a pretty penny, methinks...

I like the new P&J Jazzes, though. Very nice looking things. If only they did necks as nice as the current US Fenders, I'd have one. :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='700909' date='Jan 4 2010, 08:20 PM']Just had a cruise through the Sadowsky website and they don't seem to do a Metro with just the Precision-style split coil. You can only get that on an NYC ultra-vintage, which is going to be a pretty penny, methinks...

I like the new P&J Jazzes, though. Very nice looking things. If only they did necks as nice as the current US Fenders, I'd have one. :rolleyes:[/quote]Yup, no longer available, hence my "long shot" comment. It's just a tarty thing on my part, I like things to be balanced with some karma! Oh Oh, no one understands me!!! :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='700909' date='Jan 4 2010, 08:20 PM']Just had a cruise through the Sadowsky website and they don't seem to do a Metro with just the Precision-style split coil. You can only get that on an NYC ultra-vintage, which is going to be a pretty penny, methinks...

I like the new P&J Jazzes, though. Very nice looking things. If only they did necks as nice as the current US Fenders, I'd have one. :)[/quote]

Bass central have a couple of metro P's listed but I never seen one anywhere else; If you roll onto the neck pickup & play with the VTC you can get a seriously nice P sound out of one of these.

[quote name='giblett123' post='700916' date='Jan 4 2010, 08:24 PM']Bass central have a couple of metro P's listed but I never seen one anywhere else; If you roll onto the neck pickup & play with the VTC you can get a seriously nice P sound out of one of these.[/quote]
Contacted Bass Central, and the website is out of date, they have no stock! Yup I can get the sound no problem, its just me being a cosmetic tart!

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='700922' date='Jan 4 2010, 08:29 PM']Contacted Bass Central, and the website is out of date, they have no stock! Yup I can get the sound no problem, its just me being a cosmetic tart![/quote]

Sounds about right - the Bass Central stock pages are mostly fantasy, in my experience

that might help:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.de/Sadowsky-Metro-Series-Hybrid-P-MV4HP-Natural_W0QQitemZ230420248938QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item35a61df96a"]http://cgi.ebay.de/Sadowsky-Metro-Series-H...=item35a61df96a[/url]

would you also consider trading it for a very good 70ties fender p-bass?

sandmann

Edited by Sandmann

[quote name='Sandmann' post='701281' date='Jan 5 2010, 09:18 AM']that might help:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.de/Sadowsky-Metro-Series-Hybrid-P-MV4HP-Natural_W0QQitemZ230420248938QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item35a61df96a"]http://cgi.ebay.de/Sadowsky-Metro-Series-H...=item35a61df96a[/url]

would you also consider trading it for a very good 70ties fender p-bass?

sandmann[/quote]Yep id seen that, our Danish friend is quite expensive and I don't think i can run to a new one.