Why become a member? ×

Monster Lead Problems!

TGEvans

[quote name='stevie' post='708768' date='Jan 11 2010, 01:12 PM']Sounds fascinating, and I'd love to see what results you get. The problem I foresee is that - if you do discover a difference - knowing whether it's audible or not.[/quote]

I guess a lot of it will be inaudible, if there is a difference.
Should be able to work out what is and isn't though via the powers of google and/or wikipedia.

Will keep you posted...

On a side note, I can't fault the build quality of Monster Cables, that is worth a little extra cash at least.

Eude

[quote name='TGEvans' post='707511' date='Jan 10 2010, 11:38 AM']Had an email from Monster Europe! Monster USA passed on my details to them. A chap got in touch with me to sort out postage and stuff. A soon as my lead gets to them they will send a new one out asap! Pretty darn good me thinks. I have to pay postage into Europe, they pay for it to get back. Costing me about 3 quid. I had my lead on sale. I paid 25 pounds for it. Think they are over 40 rrp. So still a few quid up.T[/quote]
That's great news. One of my Monster leads seems to have developed a break at practice last night and keeps popping very loudly. It's served me faithfully for the last 12+ years and I am fully prepared to purchase a new lead, but hearing this makes me wonder whether it's worth trying my chance at actually trying the Lifetime Guarantee promise.

What is the email address for Monster Europe guarantee claims, and do you need to produce the original receipt? (my receipt is long gone).

[quote name='rasher80' post='708950' date='Jan 11 2010, 03:27 PM']Got lead problems?

Buy OBBM, i've got two and i'll never use anything else.[/quote]
If for any reason I can't get a guarantee claim on my Monster lead then I fully intend on doing business with our own OBBM for a replacement quality lead.

[quote name='peted' post='708962' date='Jan 11 2010, 03:39 PM']If for any reason I can't get a guarantee claim on my Monster lead then I fully intend on doing business with our own OBBM for a replacement quality lead.[/quote]

+1

Can't recommend Dave's stuff enough :)

Eude