Why become a member? ×

Paul Turner at the Jazz Cafe - Jan 24th

molan

Hey guys nice board.

Just wanted to right a small wrong the Jazz Cafe wrote on its website. The keyboard player was Matt Steele not Matt Cooper as advertised (i can see how the mistake happened as Matt Cooper is the Keys for Incognito and also awesome)
Matt Steele is the very cool keys player from the current line up of Brand New Heavies. He has also played with....
Errol Brown (Hot Chocolate)
Shazney Lewis (All saints)
Swing out sister
Cleopatra
Demis Roussos
Heather Small
Ruby Turner
Backyard Dog
Various artists as keyboard player for P.W.L. M'cr – including Lauren Waterworth and Steps
Noel Sullivan (Hearsay)
Finlay Quay
Swing Out Sister
David McAlmond

As for the gig.

It blew me away and my first time seeing Rob, Paul and Derik as a unit live. Very very slick.
Been twanging at my Musicmaster all day in a wave of insperation.

Ah was the male singer Daniel Pearce (sp?) then? With a mini-mohawk maybe!?
If so, yes, One True Voice, was on this years X-Factor also. He's from round my way, Wycombe, great voice and showman, also a very good drummer!

Si

*edit*
just read the lineup on the first page again.....yes it seems to be him, very cool

[quote name='zukini' post='724783' date='Jan 26 2010, 02:33 AM']Hey guys nice board.

Just wanted to right a small wrong the Jazz Cafe wrote on its website. The keyboard player was Matt Steele not Matt Cooper as advertised (i can see how the mistake happened as Matt Cooper is the Keys for Incognito and also awesome)
Matt Steele is the very cool keys player from the current line up of Brand New Heavies. He has also played with....
Errol Brown (Hot Chocolate)
Shazney Lewis (All saints)
Swing out sister
Cleopatra
Demis Roussos
Heather Small
Ruby Turner
Backyard Dog
Various artists as keyboard player for P.W.L. M'cr – including Lauren Waterworth and Steps
Noel Sullivan (Hearsay)
Finlay Quay
Swing Out Sister
David McAlmond

As for the gig.

It blew me away and my first time seeing Rob, Paul and Derik as a unit live. Very very slick.
Been twanging at my Musicmaster all day in a wave of insperation.[/quote]
Ah, cheers for that. I'll definitely be looking up anything else he's done!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Duarte' post='741639' date='Feb 11 2010, 12:24 AM']Sorry to bring this oldish thread back, but Dotfunk are playing at the Jazz Cafe again reletavely soon - would it be a recommended gig?

Last time I went there was to see Maceo and it was incredible. One of the best gigs ever...[/quote]
Yeah I heard. April isn't it? I'll definitely be going again!

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='741757' date='Feb 11 2010, 09:23 AM']That's the same night as Larry Graham & Graham Central Station at Koko....pish.[/quote]

It's at times like these I wish I had a MASSIVE house in Camden with a full-on massive jam / party room set up for a post-gig double after-party.