Why become a member? ×

Status Graphite bolt-on headless neck

One status neck, taken from an old Series 1000 (don't quote me on that though). Serial #199, I'm assuming it's the usual 33.8" scale length that Status do... measures roughly 17" from 0-12th fret anyway. Slight damage to the very end of the neck, as you may be able to see from the pic... a bit of a chunk out of the resin but no issues with playability etc. Make a nice little addition to a project bass or something similar. It looks to me that it can handle single, double and normal strings via a set of hex screws at the headless end. Can post if you like or pickup from Kilburn, North Yorkshire. Cheers, Faron.

Edited by far0n

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='697663' date='Jan 1 2010, 12:21 AM']Yes, very rare indeed. I think that's actually from a series 3000/4000. They were the ones with the bolt on graphite neck atached to a composite body. That's an early serial number, too. What happened to the rest of the bass?

Best of luck with the sale. :)[/quote]

All I know is that the rest of the bass (well.... body anyway) got damaged, I was given the bits by an old mate ages ago with a view to maybe building something out of it. Still got a little box with the electronics and pickups in it... I may well get round to putting these up on here at some point. Not long moved house and I just ain't got the time to spend figuring out what goes where!

• 3 weeks later...