Why become a member? ×

Godlyke Deity fretless

dub_junkie

I have a chance to aquire a G&L bass I've coveted a long time and with no funds available I need to sell a bass in the hope of getting it.

a few months ago this Godlyke was sold and then it wasn't. to be honest I wasnt that bothered about it not going at the time as its a great fretless but in the 3 months since I've hardly touched it.

I got this from eubassix on here 18 months ago. I'm sure he'll vouch for what a good fretless it is. Likewise the chaps who tried it at the Moffat bass bash.

spec

Ash body with 3A flame maple top in satin finished trans black (not an oil finish)
2 octave 3 pc maple set neck with ebony board and brass nut
SGC MM+J pickups with 3 band 18v preamp
Wilkinson bridge and Gotoh tuners
pickup output X2 & mid frequency trim pots on circuit board

the bass is extremely light and has a wonderful action. Its effortless to play.
Godlyke basses are no longer available. they were hand made in Japan. the workmanship is top drawer.they had a retail close to $3k when new

£500 with the gig bag I got it in. I can 24 hour courier to most of the UK for £20 which includes insurance.
paypal no good to me. would need to be a cheque or money paid into my account. I've bought and sold a number of basses on here and can supply references if needed

anyone in the south of Scotland is welcome to come and give it a try

pics

Edited by dub_junkie

Bump'in back to page#1 ... and to confirm that this IS an excellent FL 4. I bought this new from Godlyke so dub_j' is only the 2nd owner and, from the photos, has taken great care. Also an excellent/recommended BC'er with whom to deal. It's a real shame that these excellent basses are no longer being produced - you won't find another one like this (the Deity is top-of-the-range) or another bass of this quality for the ££.